• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She f***ed up. Freddy Gray's knife was illegal.

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:18 AM
  • 22 Replies

How do you fuck up this badly? Are you kidding me? What a cluster fuck this trial is going to be.

From the Baltimore Sun:

Meanwhile, a police investigation continues as Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby builds her case. The separate investigations by police and prosecutors have some conflicting findings.

While Mosby said Friday that the officers had made an illegal arrest because a knife Gray was carrying was not a “switchblade,” a violation of state law, the police task force studied the knife and determined it was “spring-assisted,” which does violate a Baltimore code.

by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Djinn83
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:23 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this

So he deserved to be killed because his knife might have been illegal?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:26 AM
Good. So there was reason for arrest, but there still was no reason for all of those cops to not fallow protocol of securing people in the back of the van and ignoring his request for medical attention and ignoring him when he was unresponsive.
It just seems with everything going on these days, they'd want to do everything humanly possible to bot put themselves in a situation like this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
It is going to be interesting, that is for sure. The State Attorney and the Gray family attorney have close ties as well.
darkunicorn89
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:30 AM
I knew she was setting them up. Shes an angry bitch for what happend to her cusin, she wants high ratings for her career, nobody knows if her "police" family treated her bad and she grew angry against all police. I never liked her. It all was to fast and she conducted "private investigation" from get go, she was out to get their blood.

Dude was on drugs, heavy drugs you cant feel pain, he flipped out, been to prison how many times? And didnt want to go back.

Im waiting for full autopsy report. I havnt seen any media say he wasnt on drugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:30 AM
People will look for any reason to justify these cops' behavior. There is something called following the law and protocol which they did not do. Even if Freddie was a criminal and had an illegal weapon on him, the cops are supposed to remain professional at all times and follow procedure. Can we just go to our jobs and punch someone in the face because they're rude to us, or slap our supervisor because they scold us or won't promote us? This isn't a free for all. If we allow people to forego rules, we'll live in a society full of animals. Police officers are supposed to be examples of following law and protocol. These cops deserve to have charges brought against them and to have a trial, no matter what weapon Freddie Gray had on him.
Djinn83
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:31 AM

Did I say that? Stop being obtuse.

i said it's going to be a cluster fuck. With such a high profile and incendiary case... She needs to have due diligence and cross all of her T's and don't all of her i's. Which she obviously isn't doing.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

So he deserved to be killed because his knife might have been illegal?

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Even if he was breaking the law, evidence indicates at least criminal negligence by the police (though probably not by six of them). Let the trial proceed and the evidence be presented and the justice system find its way.

Djinn83
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:34 AM

She needs to do a better job then. It's shit like this that gets all charges dropped based on technicalities. 

Quoting Anonymous 4: People will look for any reason to justify these cops' behavior. There is something called following the law and protocol which they did not do. Even if Freddie was a criminal and had an illegal weapon on him, the cops are supposed to remain professional at all times and follow procedure. Can we just go to our jobs and punch someone in the face because they're rude to us, or slap our supervisor because they scold us or won't promote us? This isn't a free for all. If we allow people to forego rules, we'll live in a society full of animals. Police officers are supposed to be examples of following law and protocol. These cops deserve to have charges brought against them and to have a trial, no matter what weapon Freddie Gray had on him.

Djinn83
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:36 AM

Given this epic and monumental fuck up (if true) I have my doubts as to whether she can successfully prosecute these officers.

Quoting B1Bomber:

Even if he was breaking the law, evidence indicates at least criminal negligence by the police (though probably not by six of them). Let the trial proceed and the evidence be presented and the justice system find its way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)