Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Greedy Heffa

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
I went to an event over the weekend and afterwards was assigned to clean up along with 8 other people. This one woman tells me that she was getting ready to leave this was an hour before the event was over. She was supposed to be cleaning up. Ok, so she didn't want to help out, big deal. What irked me was that 30 mins later, I nearly bumped into her at the food tables because she was piling up plates with food like it was The Last Supper. I was breaking things downs preparing for clean up.

Later on she texted me saying that she left a video and some other items. My first thought was if she hadn't been so busy trying to load up on food for the week, she wouldn't have left anything behind.

Why do people act so stupid over food? Buffet restaurants are the worse which is why I don't do them anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 9:28 AM
I've had baptism, birthday parties where I have spent upwards of $700 in food, large sandwhich trays and so forth. I always buy plenty because I worry that I might not have enough and also so when it's all said and done that I have enough for us as a family later. After spending weeks planning and everything, I like having the leftovers for the next week to make my life easier.
I've had people (1 or 2 in particular) that will simply take whatever food they want including whole trays of food. I don't mind when I offer, but I can't stand when people simply take huge amounts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous 2: I've had baptism, birthday parties where I have spent upwards of $700 in food, large sandwhich trays and so forth. I always buy plenty because I worry that I might not have enough and also so when it's all said and done that I have enough for us as a family later. After spending weeks planning and everything, I like having the leftovers for the next week to make my life easier.
I've had people (1 or 2 in particular) that will simply take whatever food they want including whole trays of food. I don't mind when I offer, but I can't stand when people simply take huge amounts.

I know what you mean. It baffles me how some people don't think about how bad they look taking large amounts of food to go like they spent money on it. She couldn't stick around long enough to help clean up but she had time to look like a greedy moocher piling up plates of food like she's never eaten before.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)