Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel like the third wheel

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I've been dating my BF for about 9 months now, and the more serious we get, the more annoyed I'm getting at his relationship with his friends.

BF was previously married. He married his ex-wife when he was very young, and they divorced a few years later. His divorce was almost 10 years ago, and there were no kids involved.

About a year before his divorce, when things were starting to go downhill, he met A. A started working with BF and they really hit it off and became good friends. A introduced BF to his pregnant wife, B. Leading up to the divorce, and for a few months after, BF spent most of his time celebrating A and B's new baby. He said having something happy to celebrate really helped get him through his divorce.

That's great, but I'm starting to wonder if BF's relationship with A and B is normal.

BF works with A, but they spend almost every weekend hanging out together. You think they'd eventually get tired of each other. BF is also super close to B, which is starting to make me really uncomfortable. I've hung out with them on occasion, and I always get the feeling that she's judging me. She and BF are close, outside of A.

I'm starting to get irritated by their friendship, and it's starting to make me wonder if I should stick around.

Last weekend, BF skipped my son's first soccer game so he could go to A and B's son's soccer game. He doesn't know my kids very well, but I think he should be interested in getting to know them. And then today, I asked him what his Mother's Day plans were and he said that A's mother is coming into town and they were going to have a big cookout for her, B, and B's mom. He said I could come, too, but I don't really want to have to crash someone else's Mother's Day dinner just to hang out with BF.

Has anyone else had an SO/DH/BF that is too involved in his friends' life?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SithMom71
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Walk away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 9:03 AM
That's not normal.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:04 AM

Any reason why you can't embrace your boyfriend's life?

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:05 AM
That's not normal.
eesmommy
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:06 AM
Walk away.
angl_gurl1
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:07 AM

hed rather hang out with them than be with u. just walk away and find someone else  because hes showing hes not that interested in u

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 9:07 AM
Actually, that's kind of how my fiance and I are with my best friend. She practically lives here, we do everything together and her son and my kids are very close. One of her criteria for anyone she dates is that they fit into our dynamic. If they don't they don't last long.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2015 at 9:07 AM

I wonder if he's banging the wife...

peanut1968
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:08 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I've been dating my BF for about 9 months now, and the more serious we get, the more annoyed I'm getting at his relationship with his friends.

BF was previously married. He married his ex-wife when he was very young, and they divorced a few years later. His divorce was almost 10 years ago, and there were no kids involved.

About a year before his divorce, when things were starting to go downhill, he met A. A started working with BF and they really hit it off and became good friends. A introduced BF to his pregnant wife, B. Leading up to the divorce, and for a few months after, BF spent most of his time celebrating A and B's new baby. He said having something happy to celebrate really helped get him through his divorce.

That's great, but I'm starting to wonder if BF's relationship with A and B is normal.

BF works with A, but they spend almost every weekend hanging out together. You think they'd eventually get tired of each other. BF is also super close to B, which is starting to make me really uncomfortable. I've hung out with them on occasion, and I always get the feeling that she's judging me. She and BF are close, outside of A.

I'm starting to get irritated by their friendship, and it's starting to make me wonder if I should stick around.

Last weekend, BF skipped my son's first soccer game so he could go to A and B's son's soccer game HUGE RED FLAG. He doesn't know my kids very well, but I think he should be interested in getting to know them. And then today, I asked him what his Mother's Day plans were and he said that A's mother is coming into town and they were going to have a big cookout for her, B, and B's mom RED FLAG. He said I could come, too, but I don't really want to have to crash someone else's Mother's Day dinner just to hang out with BF.

Has anyone else had an SO/DH/BF that is too involved in his friends' life?

Dont walk away.

Fuckin RUN.  

faerie75
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:10 AM
Idk but I would think you should make an attempt to get to know his friends because of you take the stand you're taking, you will prove them right that "you aren't good for him" and he will likely listen to them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)