Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tacky or leave her be

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My brother bought my sil a waist trainer for mothers day because that's what she wanted. She had my niece 3 months ago and has been doing great at getting her body back but wanted to try one to help. My mother has been giving them both such an awful time about it. Telling her she's tacky for asking for such a stupid gift. I think it's her day and when my brother says 'babe what do you want for mothers day?', she can choose whatever she wants.

My question is... is she being tacky or am I right and my mother is a nut job who should mind her own business?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 5, 2015 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Your mother should MHOB.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 5, 2015 at 9:18 AM

your mom is a nut job. She wants it. he wants to give it to her. WTH is the issue?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:19 AM
You even need to ask? MYOB
firespurity
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:20 AM
Your mom is being an ass. It's a great sign that SIL can communicate what she actually wants to your brother.
goldpandora
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:21 AM

Your MIL needs to mind her own business. Your brother and SIL should avoid talking about their business to other people. MIL didn't need to know.

angl_gurl1
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:21 AM

im sorry but ur mom sounds kinda nuts. i dont see anything wrong with the gift that ur sil asked for since its what she wanted

momma2mms
by Kristin on May. 5, 2015 at 9:22 AM

It is none of your moms business. Even if he bought her a dancing monkey, still none of her business!

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:23 AM
It's what she asked for. It's not your mom's business.
Aslen
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:25 AM
Your mother is a nut job and needs to STFU
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Mom needs to butt out...he asked what she wanted, she told him and that's what he bought.  Is he supposed to buy her jewelry and candy, just because it's mother's day?  I'd rather have something I want, not another ring or candy (especially since she's getting her body back!).  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)