Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pneumonia

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:22 AM
  • 9 Replies

Anyone had it?  I've been sick since Thursday.  I finally went to the ER after I dropped my kid at school yesterday.  Chest x-rays confirmed pneumonia.  I started the antibiotics in the ER yesterday as they gave me the inhaler.  I feel great for about a half an hour after I use the inhaler, but I'm only supposed to use it every six hours.  Any idea how long it will be before I can walk across a room without getting winded?  Until I feel human again?  Until this horrid cough goes away?

by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JessicasBestie
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:25 AM

BUMP!

JessicasBestie
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:32 AM

Anyone?  I feel like crap!

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:32 AM
Had and then I got pleurisy very bad from it. And painful. It never goes away
terra221
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:35 AM
It took me two weeks to recover.
JessicasBestie
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:35 AM

That is NOT what I wanted to hear, LOL.  Off to Google pleurisy.

Quoting graybealgirl: Had and then I got pleurisy very bad from it. And painful. It never goes away

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:36 AM
Sorry

Quoting JessicasBestie:

That is NOT what I wanted to hear, LOL.  Off to Google pleurisy.

Quoting graybealgirl: Had and then I got pleurisy very bad from it. And painful. It never goes away

msb64
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:37 AM

I had it several years ago and was in the hospital for a week, bed rest for the following week, and moving slowly for a week after that.  I then went on a ski trip with no issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

It takes about a month upon start of medication for your lungs to fill to capacity so you'll still feel winded. Finish your medication, all of it not until you feel better. Also be aware once you've had pneumonia you'll be susceptible to getting it again. So if you feel that weight on your chest again during a cold, just go to the doctor.

JessicasBestie
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:43 AM

It seems so surreal that I got pneumonia when it's 100 degrees out.  I know, germs are germs, but pneumonia seems like a winter sickness to me.  Man, this shit sucks.  The coughing hurts SO BAD!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)