Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

living with a child with bipolar or any type of mental illness

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Is one of the hardest most emotionally draining thing a parents has to do.

It makes you want to run away from home. Make you want to leave an never come back. But you can't because you're mother.

You can't think about youself. You keep hoping and praying one day it will get better.

But when will that be.

How do you get through it without losing your mind.

How do discipline when nothing works.

How do you deal when it seem like they enjoy making you suffer?

She's been at it since i woke her up. She has been rude and,downright mean. She told me in the mist of it all she was going to throw a jar at my head. I told her the first time you do something, like that i will have you arrested. she said I don't care because you'll be dead.

She has called me pathetic and told me to shut up. All over me telling her to get up and take her meds.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 9:55 AM
I can't do this.I'm miserable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 9:56 AM
I sit and think how differently my life could be
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 9:57 AM
I'm so sorry. There must be some sort of irl support group. You must find to maintain your own sanity and sense of composure. Big huge anonymous Internet hugs to you. I hope it gets better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Your child might benefit from inpatient treatment. And you also need therapy yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 9:58 AM
I wonder if I will ever have a chance to be happy and think about myself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 9:59 AM
Been there. Tell the insurance company that.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Your child might benefit from inpatient treatment. And you also need therapy yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 10:01 AM
I'm taking note in my phone of some of the behavior
Lordgodempress
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:03 AM

*hugs....it's not easy...My daughter has a number of mental illnesses, and getting her to 18 was tough.  She threatened to kill a boy in school and actually faked a seizure to get out of school.    There were days I wanted to give up and I always wondered what my life would have been like had she been "normal".  It was so hard having to leave work all the time because she was hiding in the bathroom at school or the ER visits when she tried to kill herself.   She is 18 now, on the honor roll at a top private school in the area.  She has been accepted to a great university and wants to be a therapist helping mentally ill children.   We finally found the right combo of meds about 3 years ago and she is now a happy healthy young lady.  She was voted prom queen and is the vice president of student council.  Hang in there!  It will be worth it.  PM me if you would like.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2015 at 10:04 AM
I don't know enough about her or her disorder to be objective, but this to me sounds like an attitude problem and not a bipolar problem.

My oldest (23) has schizophrenia, growing up was a huge challenge with hearing voices and seeing things that weren't there. When she was a child she wouldn't sleep for days. When she was a teen she had to be institutionalized every so often when things got really bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 10:04 AM
I hope so it seem like a losing battle.

Quoting Lordgodempress:

*hugs....it's not easy...My daughter has a number of mental illnesses, and getting her to 18 was tough.  She threatened to kill a boy in school and actually faked a seizure to get out of school.    There were days I wanted to give up and I always wondered what my life would have been like had she been "normal".  It was so hard having to leave work all the time because she was hiding in the bathroom at school or the ER visits when she tried to kill herself.   She is 18 now, on the honor roll at a top private school in the area.  She has been accepted to a great university and wants to be a therapist helping mentally ill children.   We finally found the right combo of meds about 3 years ago and she is now a happy healthy young lady.  She was voted prom queen and is the vice president of student council.  Hang in there!  It will be worth it.  PM me if you would like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)