• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neighbor kids are jerks!! wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
Our new neighbor has 2 kids,a four year old and a 8 year old.
I have a 3 and 6 year old.

When my kids play outside the four year old boy is a total jerk to my kids.

He knocks their toys over,hits them with sticks,smacks them when they ride by on their bike,and Will jump out in front of them to make them wreak.
This kids mom will just sit and watch him do it.

My son(6) Will tell him to stop,or not do it and when he does the neighbor girl(8) Will get in my son's face and scream at him to leave her brother alone.

My kids don't even want to play outside because of him, I get that kids will be kids and all but damn their mom needs to teach them not to be jerks.

I have had it with this situation and next time I will tell the mom that she needs to control her kids, is that wrong?

If it continues then my child has my permission to punch the jerks in the face.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
embrigmom
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried talking to the Mom? I would start there, although as you hav stated she sits there and watches. What do you do when you see this happen? If mom was doing nothing I would talk to the kids myself and tell them that it's not nice to do that. If all eles fails yeah I'd give my kids premission to punch the little jerks.

Laura1427
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:16 AM

I would not allow them to come to our house.

We are lucky that the kids in our neighborhood are pretty decent.

mommalade
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

it's not wrong to confront the mother.

i would end this immediately by telling her AND her kids to stay ALL THE WAY AWAY from me and my kids, PERIOD. 

and i would not allow my children around hers unattended.

Corieva
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:18 AM
You should have stepped in as soon as it got physical.
Jadegirl1819
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:19 AM

I would go out and play with my kids.  I don't mean that to be snarky.  I mean that I would stay close so the kids would be less likely to get in their face.  If they did I would walk over to the mom and have a discussion with her.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 5, 2015 at 10:19 AM

I would make those kids go home.

Period.

And I would tell them that you don't allow mean kids at your house. 

If mom comes calling, I'd tell her the same exact thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 10:19 AM
3 moms liked this

This. I'd be making it crystal clear that if her kids come onto my property or lay so much as a finger on my kids and/or their things again that the police will be called.

Quoting mommalade:

it's not wrong to confront the mother.

i would end this immediately by telling her AND her kids to stay ALL THE WAY AWAY from me and my kids, PERIOD. 

and i would not allow my children around hers unattended.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 5, 2015 at 10:19 AM

I would have told the kids to knock it off myself and to go home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 10:20 AM
Tell the children(make sure mom can hear), that there are rules for playing in your yard, and if the rules are not followed, they need to go home. They also cannot come back for a week after being told to go home
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 10:21 AM
I am constantly telling the little boy to be nice, it's not nice to hurt others, and he just ignores me.

Quoting embrigmom:

Have you tried talking to the Mom? I would start there, although as you hav stated she sits there and watches. What do you do when you see this happen? If mom was doing nothing I would talk to the kids myself and tell them that it's not nice to do that. If all eles fails yeah I'd give my kids premission to punch the little jerks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)