Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When my daughter pukes its time to go to the hospital :/

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:38 AM
  • 51 Replies
The only time she vomits she has something serious wrong :(

Last time it was scarlet fever. This time we may be in fr a stay. She has pneumonia! Motrin at home, Tylenol here and one bag of fluids and she is still burning up :(

Nothing is staying in her stomach.
I think I need to make it a policy. Anisa pukes, take her right in. Lol.

How is your day going? Better than mine I hope!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Guess you've never heard of urgent care or normal doctors?

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:41 AM
Poor baby! Hope she feels better soon pneumonia is no fun at all.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Scarlet fever?  Damn!  Poor kid!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 10:42 AM
That sucks I'm sorry I hope she feels better ASAP hospital stays suck! I'm currently up at Texas Childrens with my 2 year old and an infant I keep "watching" my sister. She's just having yet more tests run and my parents had to work so here I am. I hate watching it. :( but on the plus side I'm getting quality time with her just waiting for her to get back now.
JessicasBestie
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:43 AM

I'm at home with pneumonia.  Wishing I were back in the ER like yesterday morning.  Trying to drink these fluids is killing me right now.  Maybe I can arrange something for the rest of the week where I drop my kid at school and head in for a bag of fluids into my arm!

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:43 AM
There would have to be more than vomiting and a fever for me to take dd in to er. She had strep and burned up all night and I still waited until am to take her to urgent care. If we couldn't have done urgent care then I would have taken her in.
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Oh, that's too bad.  Her fever will stay high until they get the right antibiotics in her-it took 5 diff. ones for me when I had pneumonia.  Why do hospitals always use Tylenol?  That crap doesn't work at all.   Don't worry, they'll figure it out.  Well, so far my day is fine.  I've only been up for an hour and sent ds off to take an AP test at the high school.  I'm about to go for a run, but I'm being lazy.  LOL.

MilkLover0203
by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:44 AM
I'm sorry. I hope she gets better soon. I'm eating breakfast before work.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Guess you never heard of after hours line before. Her fever was 105.4, they said take her in!
Urgent care doesn't open here until 11 anyway. We have been here since 8am.
She has had a doctors appointment since yesterday but they were booked through 3 today.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Guess you've never heard of urgent care or normal doctors?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:47 AM
Her fever was 105.4 any doctor would say take them in.
And the after hours line this morning told me to. Urgent care opens at 11, her appointment with her doctor i made yesterday was at 3.

Quoting LaughCryLive: There would have to be more than vomiting and a fever for me to take dd in to er. She had strep and burned up all night and I still waited until am to take her to urgent care. If we couldn't have done urgent care then I would have taken her in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)