• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my confession is i made jalapeno poppers but messed up

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:45 AM
  • 6 Replies

i made some jalapeno poppers which are in the oven now as i type this. i havent made them for a long time like about 6 years i think. so as i was making them i realized i messed up in the ingredients. i used sour cream instead cream cheese and realized i boo booed. i was suppose to use cream cheese and not sour cream. i remembered everything else right but messed up on that. oh well im sure they will come out fine and next time i will remember cream cheese, not sour cream. that is my confession, long i know

UPDATE: so i just tried one of the poppers. they are actually pretty good. a little cheese came out while baking but i expected that. surprisingly the sour cream did pretty well altho cream cheese will work a whole lot better and next time i will not forget the cream cheese

by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ItNvrRainsMen
by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
How do you mess up the main ingredient??
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:46 AM
Interesting. Sour cream has a completely different consistency.

Update on how they turn out
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on May. 5, 2015 at 10:48 AM
I wonder how they'll taste. Sour cream is pretty thin, seems like it would just fall out.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Oh wow.

I'm thinking this is going to end up as some kind of dip.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Well, the sour cream is just going to turn into a liquid, so it will be creamy tasting, but the texture will be wrong.

Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:49 AM
Pull them out of the oven and mix in cream cheese. I have a great dip recipe that calls for both. But don't leave just the sour cream in the oven or you'll have a mess

Eta- I guess this won't work if you bread it, though. My mom makes jalapeƱo poppers by wrapping them in bacon instead of breading.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)