Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD in this situation?? help please! UPDATE ON PAGE 4

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
A long story short. My bf and I live together with our daughter for about 3 years now and he had a great job at first but was terminated over a year ago. He took a 6 month break from working then found another job but its not many hours. Checks are basically pointless because I'm still paying for things. I had to get another job (part-time) to help us. I sometimes look at other men about how hardworking they are and wish that could be my bf again. I sometimes mention to him about how one of my coworkers worked x amount of hours to motivate him. I say things like my manager just worked 60 hours this week. Man I know his check is gonna be huge. I wish I could do that (to lessen the blow) I know that may be bad and stupid of me but I gotta get his attention to do better somehow. It doesn't work, he sits there with a stupid look on his face that I wanna smack off and sometimes gets mad and says I should be with that man then. I don't want to be with another man. I just want HIM to get it together very soon.
Money isn't everything but goodness it will make my life less stressful if my partner made more money than me. He can do it, he just refuses to get off his butt and work hard again after his last job fired him. I don't know how to make him see that we need extra money so we won't be living check to check.! I tried everything. Help me!!

WWYD?

SORRY SO LONG
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Stop beating around the bush. Just straight up tell him, get off your ass and get a full time job. Tell him you guys cant afford for him to not work full time and he needs to get his act together NOW.

KTU
by Kim on May. 5, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Yep, this.

Quoting Seagodess:

Stop beating around the bush. Just straight up tell him, get off your ass and get a full time job. Tell him you guys cant afford for him to not work full time and he needs to get his act together NOW.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:53 AM

What are his skills?

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Say to him what you just wrote on here.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Pack up his shit and put it outside the door.  Tell him that he's a grown man, contribute to the household or get out.  There are no free rides.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 5, 2015 at 10:57 AM
This.

Quoting Seagodess:

ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 5, 2015 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
You're being passive aggressive. Tell him he needs to pick up more hours or find a new job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Why can't you just talk to him? I can't imagine a man who doesn't want to provide for his family or who would allow his SO to work two jobs while he barely works at one.
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

You have to stop being passive aggressive.  It doesn't make any difference what someone else does-stop using that to try to force him into doing what you want.  It doesn't work.  It will never work.  You need to sit down with him and have an upfront frank discussion about it.  Tell him he needs to start pulling his weight now.  Be prepared that he may never do it, and you might be better off without him.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on May. 5, 2015 at 11:01 AM
Yep!

Quoting Seagodess:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)