Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on my Sasha Kitty (declaw cat)

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:20 AM
  • 36 Replies
4 moms liked this

*note: she was declawed for medical reasons, not something I wanted but it needed to be done.  

Some will probably remember my kitty who had to have a full declaw, both back and front.  She got her final checkup today at the vet's.  She is very happy to have her cone of shame off!  She healed perfectly, no infections :)

She is using the litter box fine, walking BETTER than she did before and is a much happier girl.  She's more playful now than she used to be and is jumping up places she never used to. She's discovered the window sills and loves to sleep in the sun lately.  Today I even saw her grooming her own toes, that's something I haven't seen her do in a very long time.

She has taken to sleeping in an odd position, on her back with her paws up in the air lol.  I think it was just the most comfortable while she healed, but now she's still doing it lol

She's also been much easier to care for, no daily irrigations, no claw clipping.  

I just want to thank you ladies for the support while she was going through this.  I'm glad I did it and she's much happier and healthier now.  :)

This is how she sleeps now:

by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 11:22 AM
Glad she's feeling better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 11:24 AM

So glad she is doing better!!! :)

catcameback1
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2:

So glad she is doing better!!! :)

SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on May. 5, 2015 at 11:29 AM
She's sooooo cute.
catcameback1
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:30 AM

thanks she's my spoiled little girl  >.<

Quoting SciFiMama91: She's sooooo cute.

Mrs.Smith2007
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Such a pretty girl. I'm glad she's doing better.
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on May. 5, 2015 at 11:34 AM
I can tell! I love cats, but I can't deal with the litter box. I have a dog, he's a spoiled little turd.

Quoting catcameback1:

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Good to see her on the mend.  My little Patches had a stubborn wound on her front paw that kept reabcessing and ended up with wearing a cone and the paw bandaged for a good month and a half a few years ago.  I made her a smaller cone from a 9x12 sheet of craft foam and velcro to make it easier for her to get around as the smallest I could find in the stores was still too big for her.  I had to leave the cone on 24/7 because she could get that horse wrap bandage off no matter how high I wrapped it!!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
My kitty had to be declawed for medical reasons, as well. And now that she's healed she sleeps like that. My kids call it people sleeping. And she's more playful, happy, and jumping onto window sills and such. Glad your kitty came through recovery and is doing better.
catcameback1
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:40 AM

I couldn't handle the walks, dogs are too much work.  The cat's litter isn't as bad as the ferret's!

Quoting SciFiMama91: I can tell! I love cats, but I can't deal with the litter box. I have a dog, he's a spoiled little turd.
Quoting catcameback1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)