Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

H gave me an ultimatum...help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

I am a SAHM and have been home with my kids for 8 years now.  In the last couple of weeks I have started to look for work because we need more income.  My H's asshole boss cut his salary in half about 6 months ago and we need more income.  My H refuses to speak to his boss about a cost of living raise.  He has been at this job for 10 years.  He also refuses to look for a better paying job.  I don't mind working, I used to get paid very well but I have gottten zero response to my resumes.  Well, it all came to a head yesterday.   We had yet another argument where I told him I was trying to get a job but nothing had come through yet, it's barely been two weeks and I have been without a job for 8 years.  I am not going to just get a job by snapping my fingers. He agian refused to talk to his boss and told me I have one week  or he is givnig notice on our apartment and moving to his mother's.  I am so angry that he is just giving up like this. I have been trying ot find literally anything even retail jobs won't hire me because I have no experience in that area.  I have signed on to a private pet care site but they emailed and said this market is saturated.  Same thing with Postmates where you make deliveries.  I am going to sign on with Uber tomorrow but from what I hear they don't make much either.  I don't know what to do.  He's going to just walk out and leave me and the kids with no where to live.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 11:29 AM

bump

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 11:30 AM
Why won't you say DH? Is he not your dear?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 11:31 AM
He's an ass. When you do get a job you should just take the kids and leave.
lady-J-Rock
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
With an ultimatum like that I'd say that he isn't right now.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why won't you say DH? Is he not your dear?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2015 at 11:32 AM
3 moms liked this
If he is wanting to leave you because you can't find a job...than I say let his ass go. To be honest, it sounds like he wants out and is using the whole job thing as an excuse.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Well doesn't he sound like an ass.  Is there someone you can stay with?

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:33 AM
Are you on the lease? If so I don't think he can't just terminate it without your permission. You might be better off without him if he's can't man up and talk to his boss. Did he think you'd find a good job instantly especially after being out of the work force for that long?
momma2rhylee
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:33 AM
What a jerk. Does he not realize that a huge gap like that in employment makes it harder to find a job? Have you tried care facilities working with old or disabled people?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)