Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice on getting a toddler to drink toddler formula...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Ok its not just a typical toddler where you could say just feed nutritious foods and skip the formula. My dd has many food allergies and doesn't have a wide variety of foods she can eat. She also has texture issues and is picky to new tastes. She had been breastfed so I know it's going to be a battle. This is a prescription formula and is medically necessary it's not something I have chosen to do and haven't needed to do with my other kids.

Any ideas on how I should give it to her? I'm nervous to get her to try it.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 11:38 AM
put it in a soppy cup and have her try it.
Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:38 AM
Mix it with breast milk or make it into a smoothie by blending it with fruit and yogurt
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 11:39 AM
Get some bottles of extract, like vanilla, lemon, orange, root beer, banana, etc, and flavor it.
Or flavor it with the pureed baby food fruits. I made both my girls banana "shakes" and mixed fruit "shakes" with the formula and pureed fruit. An 8oz bottle/sippy cup- mix 4oz of formula and add the fruit.
WaterorWine
by Wino on May. 5, 2015 at 11:40 AM
Bump for ideas. I'm in a similar situation.

I like the smoothie idea. ^
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:40 AM

I would say mix it with something. Turn it into a milk shake or add some chocolate or strawberry flavoring.

Melissa_4
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:43 AM

What sweet fruits/foods is she able to tolerate?  Blend with that, make sure it's nice and cold, and tell her it's a special treat for her.  Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 11:44 AM
yeah I think the smoothie idea might work!

Quoting WaterorWine: Bump for ideas. I'm in a similar situation.

I like the smoothie idea. ^
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 11:45 AM
Thanks. Umm she will do most pureed fruits but won't touch the actual fruit(well she will squeeze strawberry and blackberries but won't eat them)

Quoting Melissa_4:

What sweet fruits/foods is she able to tolerate?  Blend with that, make sure it's nice and cold, and tell her it's a special treat for her.  Good luck!

Jblb
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:50 AM
My son will go days without eating, so I give him a chocolate liquid meal replacement and tell him it's hot chocolate.

Almost EVERYTIME I've given him the meal replacement, he will try a new food. He now eats raw peppers and carrots. He's almost 3.
Caidysmom
by MindyM on May. 5, 2015 at 11:59 AM
Is it Elecare?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)