Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wise women please help me.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

Please help me find a job with these requirements that my doctor put in place.

Must not stand more then 10mins 

Must not sit more then 10mins

Do not move your neck (which is a given since I'm wearing a halo neck, head, back brace) sample pic

30 hours of physical therapy a week for the next 8 weeks.

Can not lift more then 10lbs

Follow ups after every physical therapy appointment. 

Recommended not to return to work for 6 months. 

Thing is I have to work or we will need to collect aid. My employer doesn't have any kind of aid for me since he employees less then 50 people. 

When I went to talk to my first employer, I was let go since I am not fit for the job. They gave me 1 weeks worth of pay. I was with them just over a month. 

My second employer is seeing what she can do for me but since I can't lift waiting tables would take a long time for me.

We do not know how I injured my back and neck this bad. All the doctor can think is that it was an old injury that seemed to flare up. I was greatly abused as a child and the CT and MRI found many old breaks in my spine and neck. I have several pinched nerves and the muscles in my back and neck have pushed my spine out of place. 

DH is supporting me and my kids along with his other kids. 

My ex doesn't pay child support. 

We just started rebuilding our savings after relocation but now with me unable to really work we don't know what to do.

I have to choices quit working while I heal and collect any help we can.

Or 

I find a job that will work with me. 

You women are very wise so tell me what jobs will hire me now?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 11:59 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I think this is what temporary disability is for.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 12:02 PM
Are you just lying down all day? Could you do customer service over the phone? Are you eligible for any kind of temporary disability benefits through your state?
FrumpyPigSkin
by Don't Burn The Pig on May. 5, 2015 at 12:03 PM
What about customer service support from home? Are there any big distribution centers close to you?
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 12:04 PM

Honey, you can't work.  You legitimately cannot work.  Collect whatever aid and disability you can and take the time to heal.

ElvinCephalopod
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 12:05 PM

quit working, collect aid, and heal properly, so you are not in this situation again - if you dont heal properly, your back and neck can easily become reinjured, and you are right back where you are now - just do it right the first time, and then you can go back to a normal life afterward

SamanthaSage
by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:06 PM
Try a call center of some sort or telemarketing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 12:06 PM

I sit for 10 mins, stand for 10 mins, lay on the inversion board for 10 mins, walk for 10 mins and rinse and repeat. DH built a thing for my lap top to sit on while laying bed so I can use it. 

There is no such thing as temporary disability unless your employer offers it. An since both places were less then 50 people neither job offers it.

Quoting caustinb: Are you just lying down all day? Could you do customer service over the phone? Are you eligible for any kind of temporary disability benefits through your state?

KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 12:07 PM

Honestly, I think you best bet is to take time off and let your body heal.   If you keep working and doing more than you should, you may prolong the healing the process.   If you rest and take care of yourself, maybe you will be ready to return to work in 3 months instead of 6.    

Good health is your most valuable resource.   Make yourself a priority for a few short months.

Hope you feel better soon.

oryxx31
by Captain Cook on May. 5, 2015 at 12:07 PM
I know it isn't what you want to hear, but aid is for these situations. It's going to be hard for you just to get to/sit through an interview. Unless you can find a legitimate work from home job, you will probably get off assistance sooner if you focus in getting well instead of looking for or working a job that's going to be very difficult and could make it harder to get back to 100%. Hope you feel better ASAP!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)