Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH is going to be pissed and I just don't care.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

Our water heater has been only working with one element for 3 years.  The last time he changed the other element, he epoxied it in, so there is no taking it out.   Well, I've been waiting 3 years to be able to take a decent shower without running out of hot water.  We finally bought a new one and it's been sitting in the garage for over a month.  I'm tired of waiting, so I called a plumber and they are installing it either tomorrow or the next day. 

I cannot wait to have hot water again.  I'm also excited for a lower electric bill.  I haven't told him that I hired anyone and I won't until it's been installed.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angl_gurl1
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:50 AM

oh well his fault that a plumber is coming to put it in. he should have already done that

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:50 AM
Isn't that expensive
craazycuckoo
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:51 AM
If he's stupid enough not to notice then I'm sorry you married a total fucking idiot.
3PurrfectAngels
by BritBrat on May. 5, 2015 at 11:54 AM
I would have just gotten a friend to do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 11:55 AM

$65/hour.  My son and I will have everything ready for him when he gets here.

Quoting graybealgirl: Isn't that expensive

justinnaimee
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:55 AM
Honestly, unless he's a licensed plumber himself its smart of you. The warranty on it is only effective if it's installed by a professional. we've made that mistake before
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 11:56 AM

I'm wondering if that is why he isn't doing it.  He could have been honest with me and I would have done this a long time ago instead of waiting on him.

Quoting justinnaimee: Honestly, unless he's a licensed plumber himself its smart of you. The warranty on it is only effective if it's installed by a professional. we've made that mistake before

DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on May. 5, 2015 at 11:56 AM
Procrastinating leads to more money. Should have done it himself..
thebride
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:57 AM

good for you! 

MicheleJM
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Who epoxies in a heating element anyway?  They SCREW in, you just have to buy an eight dollar wrench.  I'm a girl and I know that.  Unless the screws were stripped that's just sad.  I'd do what you're doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)