Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not giving up my diet for a baby!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm Pregnant, I already have 5 healthy children. I've been a vegetarian since baby #3. My MIL is hounding me again. She does this whenever i'm pregnant telling me a vegetarian diet isn't healthy for a growing baby. When I had a miscarriage she blamed my diet. 

I eat very well for a vegetarian, I always make sure to incorporate beans, lentils, and eggs into my meals so I get plenty of protein. I eat cheese and drink milk as well and add an extra serving of grains and beans to my daily meals to provide the baby with extra folic acid and protein. I take my prenatal vitamins, and get plenty of sun and exercise my doctor supports my diet. 

I became a vegitarian when when I was 28. I was 391lbs and had a heart attack. That heart attack saved my life! It was a wake up call for me and for DH too. He always told me I didn't have to lose weight and he always tempted me with cake and chocolates when I would try, turns out he was scared I would get skinny and leave him. With some marraige conseling and a strict healthy diet I lost 100lbs in 10 months. By 2 years I was down to 182lbs. Today i'm 122lbs!  I'm now 39 and pregnant! I've never been healthier and my heart is doing good. I'm not going to go back to my old way of eating because my MIL is an idiot!I'm going to enjoy my life and being pregnant. I'm also going to enjoy my salads, my morning miso soup, and my healthy fruit and veggie snacks! FUCK HER! 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gingerprincess
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 12:37 PM
Don't worry about what anyone but your doctor thinks about it. As long as you and baby are healthy it doesn't matter. People don't HAVE to have meat, they HAVE to have protein, which you have...so like you said, fuck her.
mischele
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 12:38 PM
You seem to be on a great diet. I would just ignore mil
angl_gurl1
by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:40 PM

as long as ur dr is ok and and on board about ur diet then ignore mil

Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on May. 5, 2015 at 12:41 PM
Ignore her. Healthy mom is important for a healthy baby. Congrats on your weight loss, and clean health!
livia1025
by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:48 PM
So long as you're getting all the vitamins you need, then you're fine. Your doctor approves & your diet seems really balanced. I would continue to ignore her since you're minuets away from delivering.
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:16 PM
Their are plant based proteins so I wouldn't worry about it.
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:49 PM
I thought you were gonna say you starved yourself or something unhealthy. But you're doing awesome screw her
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 5, 2015 at 1:51 PM
Congrats on your pregnancy and your amazing weightloss journey!

If your doctor is ok with it, she needs to butt out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)