Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She won't vote for rand Paul cause of this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
My sister and I were watching a rand Paul interview this weekend. I said I liked him and would probably vote for him. She said she won't, even though she likes a lot of his ideas, because she's pro-life and has voted for bills that don't allow exceptions to abortion restrictions...

To me that just seems ridiculous.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:12 PM

She gets to believe what she wants and vote for whomever she likes.  That's the beauty of America.  (I'm not really grasping your issue here though.  Are you saying she doesn't like that he voted for bills that don't allow exceptions or she voted for them?  I don't get it, but it's still her prerogative to vote how she likes.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 1:15 PM
It's a big deal for a lot of people. I've known people who likes everything about a candidate but wouldn't vote for them just because of one thing. You have to decide which issues are most important to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 1:15 PM
Well I'm voting for him, so I'll counteract her vote.
o.0
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:37 PM

You do know that 'cause' has a completely different meaning than 'because'?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2015 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I won't vote for him because he's stupid and a bigot. 

SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:40 PM
I don't think that's ridiculous. Abortion is huge to a lot of people. There have been republicans that I agree with on many issues, but I just can't bring myself to vote for anyone who is against women's rights. It's a very valid deal breaker.
Rachael-Dawn
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:41 PM
I won't be either. I will not vote for anyone promoting abortion. That's my prerogative. You might think her choice is ridiculous but it's her right to feel and vote however she chooses.
MeAndTommyLee
by Angie on May. 5, 2015 at 1:41 PM

I never base my vote on a single issue I disagree with in general.  In this case, I would vote for him because he has zero chance of winning. 

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:52 PM
Well that's our right as citizens, we are allowed to vote for people regardless of their logic.

I won't be voting for Him because he's delusional and incompetent.
morgiefae
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:55 PM

I wont vote for him because of this and several other of his platforms.   

I am pro choice. I will not vote for someone that things they know what should happen to our bodies better then we do.

Also marriage equality... I will not vote for some one that could set us back. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)