• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you handle this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I pick up my dd's friend from school most days and drop her at home. Her mom isn't able to drive right now. Last week...the front door was locked most days and she didn't answer when we knocked or called.

It happened again yesterday. About an hour after we got to my house the mom sent a text that she was sorry but she had fallen asleep and was awake now.

She had surgery so that is why she can't drive. I am thinking of texting her before I pick up the girls and if she doesn't answer just going straight to my house.  Then I can drop her off on our way to dance.  She is about ten minutes from the school the opposite way from our house...so about 20 minutes from our house.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
reynab27
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:35 PM
Unless you like spending the extra gas money... then yea that sounds like a good idea. Otherwise I'd talk to the mother let her know you understand her situation but your trying to help she needs to help to. After all it is her daughter.
Bieg9093
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:38 PM

I'd tell her that the child needs a key.  Can't give her a key?  Sorry...I can't drive her anymore.

I would NOT employ a solution to the problem that included me keeping the child beyond drop off time.  That's just inviting her to take advantage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 1:50 PM
This. How old is the child?

Quoting Bieg9093:

I'd tell her that the child needs a key.  Can't give her a key?  Sorry...I can't drive her anymore.

I would NOT employ a solution to the problem that included me keeping the child beyond drop off time.  That's just inviting her to take advantage.

MinglingMom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:11 PM

I don't know how old the child is but I would also tell mom that the friend needs a key. What are you going to do if mom is asleep when you drop the friend off on the way to dance?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)