Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

parents can be sneaky

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
On Fridays my dad calls. He doesn't leave a message.

He doesn't send a text.

He wants me to answer the phone so he can insist on coming up for the weekend.

I don't get it. He decided to move to a seedy area if town.

I'm not spending my weekend hosting
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 4:09 PM
I just get sick of the "I was going to come up."

Then when I politely decline he keeps talking like I'm not exhausted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 5:22 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 6:55 PM
In the past I've just called him back on Saturday.
This week won't won't as we are having the carpet shampooed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2015 at 5:27 AM
Bump
TediLee
by on May. 6, 2015 at 5:30 AM
Not entirety sure why you're posting other then to show us you're selfish, feel entitled and that your parents raised a horrible person. I can't stand either of my parents who keep threatening to move into rest homes but I wouldn't turn on them. I know the only reason they won't is they know no one will visit and those are the ones neglected and abused. Heard it many times but if they wanted to come stay or visit then my doors open.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 6, 2015 at 5:33 AM

Can you just let him know that this weekend doesn't work for you and then make plans for him to come over for a day next weekend?  I think it's nice that your Dad wants to spend time with you & your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2015 at 5:34 AM
I'm not selfish. I'm exhausted.

He lives in town and can come up for lunch or dinner and then go home.

I don't feel like tipping around my home all weekend.

Quoting TediLee: Not entirety sure why you're posting other then to show us you're selfish, feel entitled and that your parents raised a horrible person. I can't stand either of my parents who keep threatening to move into rest homes but I wouldn't turn on them. I know the only reason they won't is they know no one will visit and those are the ones neglected and abused. Heard it many times but if they wanted to come stay or visit then my doors open.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 6, 2015 at 5:35 AM
I had him up for the night a few months ago. He keeps pushing the weekend issue.

I've hinted to him several times thst with DH being a trucker when he is home he needs his space etc. It's our family time.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Can you just let him know that this weekend doesn't work for you and then make plans for him to come over for a day next weekend?  I think it's nice that your Dad wants to spend time with you & your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 6, 2015 at 5:41 AM
Haha family time, but grandpa is not invited!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I had him up for the night a few months ago. He keeps pushing the weekend issue.

I've hinted to him several times thst with DH being a trucker when he is home he needs his space etc. It's our family time.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

BoyMom1315
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 5:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel like they're being a bit judgemental. I get both sides, OP. You say he's a trucker so that means you don't get much time at all with him. That also means your going to have to share with the people who want to see him. I get being exhausted. I get not wanting company. But sometimes you gotta suck it up. I also wouldn't ever turn my dad away. We live an hour apart, and DH abd I have had this house a year and my dad has not been to see me here once. Be thankful. If I want to see him I have to catch him home when hr isn't asleep.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)