Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O 730pm bed times???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies

What age are you sending kids to bed at 730pm?

Are you a SAHM or do you work 9pm to 5pm with little to no commute? What about your DH, does he even get to see the kids in the evening? 

I go to work at 1pm, my kids get off the school bus at 420pm, and my DH walks through the door at 7pm. 

When my kids have after school activity's DH meets them where ever they are and pick them up. Most activity's they are in end between 7pm and 8pm. 

If DH made them go to bed at 730pm that would mean they are missing out on activity's and most likely going to bed on full stomach witch is very unhealthy.

BTW my kids are 14 and 16.

My kids have only went to bed that early when they were babies or sick. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:45 PM

My youngest has to be up at 5:45AM so he goes to bed at 7:30.

DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on May. 5, 2015 at 2:49 PM
Yes, I do have a child who goes to bed at 7:30pm. Why?! Because if she don't get at least 10 hrs of sleep, she is a total bear and unbearable to deal with. Not just home, but school also. So, yes I have one child that goes to bed at 7:30... Oh and she's 11! Dinner is at 6pm. They play outside after dinner so the burn off prob half of what they eat.

I also work a very early morning shift.
sarah824
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:49 PM

My kids are 10 & 7 and bedtime (on school nights we are home) is 8:30pm. 2 nights a week we have baseball games and are rarely home until 8-8:30 so bedtime gets pushed back until they have showers and dinner.

sam12796
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:49 PM

My children have had this schedule of 8pm forever. I do work and I have to be there by 7am with a 1/2 hour drive in and back. My husband gets home about 6:30 and the children have eaten and are playing by the time he gets home. We eat together and I clean up while he sees the girls asks about their day etc..then at 7:30 it is bath time or shower then bed. Schedules and keeping to them during the week are extremely important. On Fridays my oldest has karate classes and my youngest will this fall as well. They get home at 8:30 and we unwind they take baths put on PJ's and we watch a movie together. They are usually out by 9:30 any how. Mine are 6 and 7 1/2

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:49 PM

My kids went to bed at 7:00 until middle school (grade5). Then it changed to 7:30/8pm. I was a WAHM. Daddy came in between 6:15 and 6:30.He spent whatever time there was with them and ate dinner after they went to bed.  My kds didnt partake in events that went past 6pm on school nights until late middle school.

my3girls201410
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:50 PM
I'm a sahm and yes my kids go to bed at 7:30pm on school nights. If they don't they won't get up for school
wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 5, 2015 at 2:50 PM
She's 21 months, she goes to bed at 7 and gets up at 7. I'm a sahm, my wife works from home. She gets to see her a lot.
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:51 PM

I had no idea this was such  controversy. Geesh.

On weeknights they ahve bedtimes. My 5 yo goes to be between 7:30 and 8. He is completely exhausted by 8 and it shows. My 8 yo goes to be around 8, sometimes 8:30, sometimes earlier if he sends himself to bed (it happens).

DH works from home and I'm a SAHM.

They get up at 6:30am to get to school by 7:40. On school nights they need sleep. As they get older they are welcome to stay up later, but they have to show they are not cranky and tired first. So far it hasn't happened.

On weekends they stay up as late as 10 or so.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:52 PM

Mine go to bed at 8:30- she is 8; 9:30-10 he is 13...and the 3 year old I try to put her down at 8 but lord sometimes I just bring her in bed with me

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:52 PM

My kids had those early bed times when they were little.  I was a SAHM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)