Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mothers Day is going to suck now!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 372 Replies
2 moms liked this

Because DH will be gone apparently. SIL has two kids and one is graduating college the other is graduating high school. DH and I live in Michigan, SIL, MIL, FIL, and the two kids live in Texas. SIL planned graduation parties for both kids the day before Mothers Day. So she sent DH a plane ticket as a birthday gift, his birthday was in March, to come to the parties. Then she planned a big Mothers Day party in Texas that includes all of her DHS family and my inlaws. She didn't send me or our three kids tickets which is fine. But she just surprised DH with the ticket last weekend. We had Mothers Day plans to spend the day at the lake as a family. Now DH will be gone. I'm so mad. Who does this? If we had notice about these parties last month or the month before, we would have made arrangements to go as a family to Texas. Now flights are so expensive we can't afford to go as a family. I feel like SIL did this to spite me because she's never really liked me. Neither does MIL all because DH stayed in Michigan after college and they think it's my fault he didn't go back home to Texas. I'm mad at DH too for actual going but I think my anger is misplaced. Mothers Day is going suck now.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 3:27 PM
10 moms liked this
I get that she bought the ticket but why exactly is he going if all of you can't?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Because he doesn't want to disappoint his mom. But it's ok to disappoint me and our kids. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: I get that she bought the ticket but why exactly is he going if all of you can't?

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:29 PM
17 moms liked this

Well, Mother's Day doesn't have to suck just because your husband isn't there.  Take the kids and go have a fun day with them.  (Tell DH he better make it perfectly plain that if they ever do this again, they will be wasting their money, because he's not coming without his family.  In fact I'm kind of surprised he didn't do it this time, but if it's only a one-time deal, it should be fine.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 3:30 PM
We'll celebrate the weekend after.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

They always leave me out of stuff. One would think that his family would like to see the grandchildren that they only see maybe once a year if that. My two year has never met them. 

Quoting chalisa0:

Well, Mother's Day doesn't have to suck just because your husband isn't there.  Take the kids and go have a fun day with them.  (Tell DH he better make it perfectly plain that if they ever do this again, they will be wasting their money, because he's not coming without his family.  In fact I'm kind of surprised he didn't do it this time, but if it's only a one-time deal, it should be fine.)

Hanab818
by ThePonds on May. 5, 2015 at 3:30 PM
4 moms liked this
Well thats a shitty reason.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Because he doesn't want to disappoint his mom. But it's ok to disappoint me and our kids. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: I get that she bought the ticket but why exactly is he going if all of you can't?

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:31 PM
14 moms liked this
It's just a made up day to sell greeting cards. You can go to the lake anytime. I may be in the minority but I don't see what the big deal is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Easy to say. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: We'll celebrate the weekend after.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2015 at 3:32 PM
13 moms liked this

Your husband is a douche.  Mine would never go without the family.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on May. 5, 2015 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
😱
I'm sorry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)