Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This reminded me of cafemom

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 3:51 PM
  • 2 Replies
by on May. 5, 2015 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 5, 2015 at 3:57 PM
9 is old enough to walk two blocks alone.

I will say I did this with a 2 year old on our block. He was walking his sister's bike out to the main road that runs by the house. By the time I caught up with him, his dad came flying out of the house calling for him.

I don't think she needed to assume this woman was being threatening or nosey. Sounds like she was just making sure the girl was ok.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on May. 5, 2015 at 4:00 PM

I honestly think it was a bit of an overreaction on both sides. I wouldn't think anything of a nine year old walking down the street, but I wouldn't jump to the thought that someone had evil intentions just because they made sure my kid was okay walking home. 

Quoting ame85: 9 is old enough to walk two blocks alone. I will say I did this with a 2 year old on our block. He was walking his sister's bike out to the main road that runs by the house. By the time I caught up with him, his dad came flying out of the house calling for him. I don't think she needed to assume this woman was being threatening or nosey. Sounds like she was just making sure the girl was ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)