Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you know?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:02 PM
  • 45 Replies
Just for fun because I am bored as hell....how did you know, if you knew, that you were going to be going into labor extremely soon?

Besides the obvious water breaking and/or contractions.

For me, the day before I went into labor with my son, my whole one side of my belly went flat, like flatter than pre pregnancy. And you could see this boy turning around. 9 hours later I went into labor, but I remember thinking "oh boy, this is it. It's happening tonight."

With my daughter, the day of I just felt "off" I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I just felt funny from the moment I got out of bed. That day at 7 pm I felt the first real contraction.
by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary716
by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:05 PM
Bump
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Castor oil shake! I tried it and it worked!

mary716
by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:10 PM
Omg you didn't poo your brains out??? Lol I tried it with my son and all I got was dehydrated while reading an entire book on the toilet lol

Quoting Ali5683:

kmeow
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:11 PM
I was forty two weeks pregnant, so I knew it would be any time, but other than that I was non-stop vomiting for like six hours before I went into labor. It was awesome.
HandMmom12
by Jody on May. 5, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Are you in labor???? I'll meet you at Sisters with some donuts!

mary716
by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:13 PM
Did you have the stomach flu? I felt like I was going to hurl while I was in labor both times, but not until after the contractions started and were on top of each other.

Quoting kmeow: I was forty two weeks pregnant, so I knew it would be any time, but other than that I was non-stop vomiting for like six hours before I went into labor. It was awesome.
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Nope. I didn't poop at all. I pushed for 3 hours and no poop. I think I was just lucky.

Quoting mary716: Omg you didn't poo your brains out??? Lol I tried it with my son and all I got was dehydrated while reading an entire book on the toilet lol
Quoting Ali5683:

mary716
by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:14 PM
I wish! No she's just hanging out still lol. Although, I've felt extremely tired for no reason today and just feel weird. Maybe tonight? Lol

Quoting HandMmom12:

Are you in labor???? I'll meet you at Sisters with some donuts!

Lollipop_LC
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:15 PM

My cat literally followed me everywhere. In the bathroom, up the stairs, you name it. 

EmmaLG96
by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:15 PM
I haven't given birth yet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)