Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

selfish. lazy. cheap. or tired

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
We are having our third baby. We aren't having a shower. We weren't doing a dip and see or anything.

I had planned to present the baby at her baptism but.....

Now I just want to dress her up and have the five of us go to the front of the church. I'll send the family and friends pictures.

My reason is that money is very tight. Our home is in the middle of a full rehab abd I just don't feel like the big overblown party after the baptism.

We did it with our first two.

I just don't knot how DH will take my idea. We cannot just invite my MIL/Fil. They will invite the world
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 4:52 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 5:11 PM
Bump.
Snakecharm
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
We had about 17 people at our house after the baptism. It cost about 100 to throw the party. A few catered dishes and a cake. Done. Keep it simple.
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:16 PM
When we got DD baptized we only had our parents and siblings and just went out to a restaurant. No big party.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 5:17 PM
We need our hardwood floors redone. 1000$. We need a power wash. The list goes on and on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 5:19 PM
DH family is huge. Mil usually invites the entire extended family. She means well.

If I say just siblings then it's just my sister. We don't spend time with his brother and their family.

Quoting CorpCityGrl: When we got DD baptized we only had our parents and siblings and just went out to a restaurant. No big party.
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
We both have huge families too. We didn't say anything to anybody and flat out told our parents that we were not going to have a big party and wanted to keep it super small.

Quoting Anonymous 1: DH family is huge. Mil usually invites the entire extended family. She means well.

If I say just siblings then it's just my sister. We don't spend time with his brother and their family.

Quoting CorpCityGrl: When we got DD baptized we only had our parents and siblings and just went out to a restaurant. No big party.
chillemi78
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:28 PM
Does your church have a hall you can use? Just serve some cake and punch right after the service.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I get that. I'm happy with just us.

Quoting CorpCityGrl: We both have huge families too. We didn't say anything to anybody and flat out told our parents that we were not going to have a big party and wanted to keep it super small.

Quoting Anonymous 1: DH family is huge. Mil usually invites the entire extended family. She means well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 5:30 PM
I've done that before. I'd just rather not.

Quoting chillemi78: Does your church have a hall you can use? Just serve some cake and punch right after the service.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)