• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why do I always go back?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
To someone who isn't worth it. He isn't a bad guy, he doesn't treat me badly, he's not abusive, but it just WONT work. So why do I find myself always going back? I've went days, then weeks, and now a month without talking to him, but here I am.. Back to talking to him again. What draws me to him? I don't even know.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Foolishness

Low-self worth

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 7:27 PM
Okay, but how do I stop from going back?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Foolishness

Low-self worth

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 7:43 PM

realize you deserve better and get to a point in your life when you're ready t accept and know that you deserve better 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Okay, but how do I stop from going back?
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Foolishness

Low-self worth

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 8:37 PM
Deserve better then what though? Someone who's worth it? He really isn't a bad guy. Its just we live to far apart and neither of us can move.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

realize you deserve better and get to a point in your life when you're ready t accept and know that you deserve better 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Okay, but how do I stop from going back?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Foolishness

Low-self worth

nicole.mazer
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:41 PM

I can absolutely relate to your situation. I felt this way numerous times (especially as a teen) that something was keeping me holding on to nothing.

I didn't know what the "something" was.

Sometimes you're just addicted to the feeling that person gives you when you're with them. Maybe it's the exhilaration, the thrill, the charisma, the sex, anything honestly. It's something that keeps you coming back for more, no matter how small and even if you don't realize it.

If you do however recognize that this is an unhealthy relationship and that you've found the bad outweighs the good, then you need to start detaching yourself little by little and accepting that you will find something better because you deserve better. It's also about having self-worth and realizing that you need better for YOU.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 9:09 PM
There's nothing bad about this guy. He's like perfect. Its just I know it won't work because of the distance; and neither of us can/will move.

But I think your right. I am addicted to the way he makes me feel.

Quoting nicole.mazer:

I can absolutely relate to your situation. I felt this way numerous times (especially as a teen) that something was keeping me holding on to nothing.

I didn't know what the "something" was.

Sometimes you're just addicted to the feeling that person gives you when you're with them. Maybe it's the exhilaration, the thrill, the charisma, the sex, anything honestly. It's something that keeps you coming back for more, no matter how small and even if you don't realize it.

If you do however recognize that this is an unhealthy relationship and that you've found the bad outweighs the good, then you need to start detaching yourself little by little and accepting that you will find something better because you deserve better. It's also about having self-worth and realizing that you need better for YOU.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)