• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thankful for

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 7:30 PM
  • 12 Replies
I know we usually reserve these posts for thanksgiving, but after reading a few posts I truly appreciate the little things and I am thankful for so much.

1. I am thankful for my husband, Ryan. He is truly amazing. Sure we can nitpick at each other but he respects me and I him. he is a hard worker and provides for us. He's a great father and lover. He's my world.

2. My kids! I am so thankful that they aren't little heathens! They might argue and drive me crazy sometimes, but they aren't disrespectful, they aren't picky, they aren't blatantly rude. they are funny, smart, outgoing. I got lucky with my great kiddos.

3. The roof over my head! It may not be a huge half million dollar house, but it has a roof, heat, and hot water. It's comfortable for us, sure it's a little small, but it's home and it could be a lot worse than a tiny 3 bedroom. It could be a tent or one bedroom in someone else's house.

4. A fridge full of food. I am so thankful for the food in my house. It breaks my heart to read on here that people have nothing to feed their children. We may not be rich, we may struggle at times but we have food in our bellies, clothes on our backs and a roof over our heads and a house full of love and memories.
by on May. 5, 2015 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary716
by Bonbon Eater on May. 5, 2015 at 7:34 PM
Bump!!!
mary716
by Bonbon Eater on May. 5, 2015 at 8:07 PM
Bump
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Thankful for the tools for sobriety, baby.

lizzie_ann
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:15 PM

I am so thankful and glad to be celebrating our daughter's first birthday tomorrow with a happy, healthy little girl! We had to celebrate (what would have been) our first daughter's first birthday at the cemetery. 

mary716
by Bonbon Eater on May. 5, 2015 at 8:15 PM
I'm so happy you're doing so good!!!

Quoting corticosteroid:

Thankful for the tools for sobriety, baby.

mary716
by Bonbon Eater on May. 5, 2015 at 8:16 PM
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry :-(

Quoting lizzie_ann:

I am so thankful and glad to be celebrating our daughter's first birthday tomorrow with a happy, healthy little girl! We had to celebrate (what would have been) our first daughter's first birthday at the cemetery. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:16 PM
My family of course. Not just the ones I live with but my mom and brother and everyone. :)

My job which just lead to me getting pre approved for a mortgage today. I'm so excited.

My car.

My cats.
mary716
by Bonbon Eater on May. 5, 2015 at 8:18 PM
Congrats!!!! that's awesome news! And I'm also thankful for my car lol the ac works great lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: My family of course. Not just the ones I live with but my mom and brother and everyone. :)

My job which just lead to me getting pre approved for a mortgage today. I'm so excited.

My car.

My cats.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:19 PM
Thanks!

AC is always a plus. Lol. :)

Quoting mary716: Congrats!!!! that's awesome news! And I'm also thankful for my car lol the ac works great lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: My family of course. Not just the ones I live with but my mom and brother and everyone. :)

My car.

My cats.
mary716
by Bonbon Eater on May. 5, 2015 at 8:21 PM
It's been hot, I'm pregnant...ac is heavenly right now lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks!

AC is always a plus. Lol. :)

Quoting mary716: Congrats!!!! that's awesome news! And I'm also thankful for my car lol the ac works great lol

My car.

My cats.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)