Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would You Take In A Child Of A Different Race?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
I'm not in this situation. It's purely hypothetical. This topic came up with a person I work with.we are different races. We were talking about adoption or ever being in the situation where she was left in charge of raising a child of a different race than her own. A family or friends child. Example we used was if someone close to her of a different race came to her and her husband and asked if they would take care of their child if their family member or friend passed away. She told me she said they would say no. Regardless how they knew the child. She said all Her family is the same race and it would be too hard to raise a child of a different race. She said she wouldn't want all the questions people will ask, or all the pointing and snickering people will do if they see her family always with a child of a different race. I said it's not for everyone. But it left me wondering if her excuses were valid enough to not help that family member or friend out if they were to die. Because she has friends and family she married into of a different races. Adoption is totally different because we go into it knowing what we are getting. But even then she said no. Would you or you and your husband or SO ever adopt or take in a child of a different race? If not do you feel my co workers reasons are valid enough, and not too shallow?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 5, 2015 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I would. Race is a non issue for me.
sjenkins8208
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. We know fully well that whenever my parents die or are unable to care for my niece and nephew we will be luck to get them! The only thing that worries me is my nieces hair lol! It's crazy
zeenah
by Zarah on May. 5, 2015 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would.
TediLee
by on May. 5, 2015 at 7:38 PM
That's a stupid reason and she probably wouldn't even have friends of a different race that would ask that. No one would ask a racist to take care of their child Eben if they were of the same race unless they share the same views.
Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 7:39 PM
Race would never be a determining factor for me when adopting a child.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 5, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Hypothetically, yes we would. If we were looking to expand our family and take on more children. 

kmeow
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:39 PM
I would totally take in a child of another race.
Lillibella
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I would take any child that needed me, regardless of race.
srltb143
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:40 PM

We absolutely would

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)