Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worst mom ever

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

i'm just sitting over here having a pity party for myself. I'm having a really down and low day/week/month for some reason. My kids are going nuts. I think we're all burnt out from schedules and things, but i'm just feeling like the worst mom on the planet because my kids won't listen lately. So planning on crying a little more maybe after they go to bed, probably making myself a hot bath and who knows what else. maybe i have some ice cream in the freezer. Right now i'm trying to decide which would be the smarter path: unplugging the tv and starting world war 3 just to get them to bed and to show them i'm still in charge here or just letting them stay up til all hours of the night and force them to deal with being tired tomorrow while still doing what needs to be done. i'm kind of not up for the challenge of arguing over bedtime, so just hiding out sounds like the better option to me right now. I just want a little more respect. Usually they're great, but the last week or 2 have been rough for all of us for some reason. Alright, enough of my whining. Back to your regularly scheduled lives.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:16 PM

Gather them up take them to the room with the biggest bed. Climb in turn out the lights and tell them a story. talk softly, they will have to settle down to hear. In 20 or 30 minutes start putting them into bed. Keep lighting to a minimum, dont talk louder than a whisper. and move them along.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Gather them up take them to the room with the biggest bed. Climb in turn out the lights and tell them a story. talk softly, they will have to settle down to hear. In 20 or 30 minutes start putting them into bed. Keep lighting to a minimum, dont talk louder than a whisper. and move them along.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)