Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever said anything to you about your different race/biracial child?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:14 PM
  • 188 Replies

Spinning off of the adoption post.

I've never really considered ds a biracial kid, but I'm white, his dad's peruvian.  Make of that what you will.  

When ds was born, I was still in my birthing bed, my dad was holding my son and he said this:  "Oh good, he looks white no one can even tell he's a spic.  Make sure he doesn't grow up lazy!"

Has anyone ever said anything about your different race or biracial child? 

by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catcameback1
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:16 PM

BUMP!

engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:20 PM
My baby is white as ever with blonde hair. Her father and i both have dark hair, dark eyes. My dad calls her little white girl. Im half black.
catcameback1
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:21 PM

That's not too horrible, does it bother you or her?

Quoting engagedandproud: My baby is white as ever with blonde hair. Her father and i both have dark hair, dark eyes. My dad calls her little white girl. Im half black.

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on May. 5, 2015 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Many, many times... our oldest dd is adopted from China. She is 9.5 now, but when she first came home, we got a ton of comments. Some calling her derogatory names, some people were morons and would say " what is she?" ....<----- a baby, you moron...*rolls eyes*

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Aslen
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:23 PM
Not race, but religion.

I had a cousin tell me I should sign my then 4 year old for Al Qaeda since he's being raised Christian and Muslim.

That bitch is LUCKY I don't love near her
engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Well she is only a month old so no lol and it doesn't bother me. She looks nothing like me though.

Quoting catcameback1:

That's not too horrible, does it bother you or her?

Quoting engagedandproud: My baby is white as ever with blonde hair. Her father and i both have dark hair, dark eyes. My dad calls her little white girl. Im half black.

catcameback1
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:24 PM

ugh, that's so rude!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Many, many times... our oldest dd is adopted from China. She is 9.5 now, but when she first came home, we got a ton of comments. Some calling her derogatory names, some people were morons and would say " what is she?" ....<----- a baby, you moron...*rolls eyes*

catcameback1
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Well everyone knows all muslims are terrorists  *sarcasm*

Quoting Aslen: Not race, but religion. I had a cousin tell me I should sign my then 4 year old for Al Qaeda since he's being raised Christian and Muslim. That bitch is LUCKY I don't love near her

disneymom2two
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Lots of people have commented about my daughter being Chinese.  People usually said she was beautiful.  The only ones that drove me nuts were ones who made asinine comments about China adoption or asked me questions that were way too personal.  

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on May. 5, 2015 at 8:27 PM
When ds was born Hispanic was still considered a race so on his birth certificate it says he's Hispanic. Ds knows he's Mexican and he's proud of it. Although most people look at me like I'm crazy because he's blonde with blue eyes and doesn't look mexican.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)