Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you acknowledge SM on mother's day?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Just curious. If you're ex was an eowe parent and this weekend was his weekend, would you acknowledge his wife in mother's day if she didn't have bio kids of her own?

The reason I ask is because I have a friend in this situation. The SM in this case hasn't been around that long, married in December. She threw a tantrum at the time she married over the step kids not getting her a Christmas gift. Now my friend is worried that a fight will ensue if she's not given a mother's day gift.

Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 5, 2015 at 8:36 PM

No. Dad can take the child and buy a gift for SM.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, in most court orders, Bio Moms get kids on Mother's Day just as Bio Dads get the kids on Father's Day. Does not matter whose weekend it falls on. 

No, I would not give a gift nor would I expect a gift. She is crazy. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:38 PM

I think that it should be left up to the kids if they are old enough but if they are young then yes, a gift should be given. I also think that their dad should be the one taking care of it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:40 PM

No, since she isn't MY mother, there is no need for me to recognize her.  The only person that I recognize on mother's day is my own mother.  The child can recognize his own mother.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 5, 2015 at 8:40 PM
Not anymore but I have.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:43 PM

It's not up to you to arrange the gift, but yes I think the children should get her something assuming she actually acts like a SM and not one of those women that can't stand the children and do nothing with them.

LukeWarmwater
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:43 PM

No.  Not unless she had been around for a while, my kids loved her, and I deemed her worthy of recognition. 

Banana.Time
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:44 PM
Wouldn't it be dads responsibility to have his kids get step mom a gift or card?
barnowl73
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
since she threw a fit at christmas she could go fuck herself.
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:47 PM
She has no kids?
In that case the SKs do t have to acknowledge her on Mother's Day

Not even if she was a mother. That's up to the SO if he wants to buy her a gift from his kids.
But not if she isn't a mother with her own kids

She needs to GTFU
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)