Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nobody cares that your kids have games.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
1 mom liked this
This guy at work is constantly hounding people to switch days with him, and always complaining about his schedule. He even wrote when all his kid's games are on our calendar. Wtf dude? We have lives too and we plan it around our schedule. I miss plenty of shit. I had to FaceTime with my little girl while her dad took her to open house. I'm not switching days with this asshole. He's really upset that he has to go to night shift next week.
Work with anyone like that?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 5, 2015 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GhettoKoolAide
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:59 PM
I used to.

Even when I was kid free if I had plans I didn't switch.

We all have our lot in life.
astheworldspins
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:01 PM
What an entitled moron.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 9:02 PM
Oh he won't switch with anyone when they have plans either. It would be different if it was kcassional and he was willing to return the favor. I've worked this schedule for years. It's hard, but I've only switched days with someone once and that was to have Friday off so I could have my tubes tied. I was back at work Tuesday (my regularly scheduled day).

Quoting GhettoKoolAide: I used to.

Squat2pee
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:04 PM
He needs to find a different job that has a more flexible schedule. Otherwise, he needs to shut up.
MicheleJM
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:05 PM
I can understand kid free workers complaining about parents. They need their time off too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 9:07 PM
We get sufficient time off. It's still a really hard schedule. But he could be at every other game easy. We work 3 days one week, and 4 the next. Every other week is the exact same. That's exactly why my kids aren't in extra activities yet though. I can't get them there the same day every week

Quoting MicheleJM: I can understand kid free workers complaining about parents. They need their time off too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2015 at 9:08 PM
He won't though. Luckily he'll be on the opposite shift so I'll only have to hear his voice if a coworker of mine switches days with him.

Quoting Squat2pee: He needs to find a different job that has a more flexible schedule. Otherwise, he needs to shut up.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I worked with lots of parents at one time. We all switched with each other when we could.
I didnt miss a Lacrosse game or tournament in the last 5 or so years I worked unless I was sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2015 at 9:10 PM
My schedule is just like this. It's difficult. My kids aren't in activities either and probably won't ever be. I'm single though so it makes it a tad more complicated.

Quoting Anonymous 1: We get sufficient time off. It's still a really hard schedule. But he could be at every other game easy. We work 3 days one week, and 4 the next. Every other week is the exact same. That's exactly why my kids aren't in extra activities yet though. I can't get them there the same day every week

Quoting MicheleJM: I can understand kid free workers complaining about parents. They need their time off too.

WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:10 PM

I used to work with people like this.  They acted like they were entitled to every holiday, weekend, school, and game day off.  If they were told they had to work their schedualed hours, because there was noone availble to cover for them, they pitched a fit. I didn't feel sorry for them, because they knew when they took the job that they would be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays.  I lost count of the number of family weddings, and other events I missed, because I couldn't get the time off. That is life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)