Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sci fi fans ( esp Doctor Who fans) help!

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:25 PM
  • 16 Replies
So my town is doing a Mars New Years celebration in June. I'm super excited about, mostly cause I sell baked goods at our local farmers market and we will be set up during celebration. I'm looking for ideas for space /sci-fi themed baked good ideas

Also, they will be having a space/sci-fi themed costume contest. My oldest son wants to dress as the Eleventh Doctor. My dd wants to dress as an adipose. I could really use ideas on how to make an adipose costume. My younger son wants to be a cyberman, and suggestions on making a cyberman costume would be awesome too..
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Donna.Dr.Friend
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:31 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 9:33 PM
White felt for the adipose. The others are pretty easy

Quoting Donna.Dr.Friend: So my town is doing a Mars New Years celebration in June. I'm super excited about, mostly cause I sell baked goods at our local farmers market and we will be set up during celebration. I'm looking for ideas for space /sci-fi themed baked good ideas

Also, they will be having a space/sci-fi themed costume contest. My oldest son wants to dress as the Eleventh Doctor. My dd wants to dress as an adipose. I could really use ideas on how to make an adipose costume. My younger son wants to be a cyberman, and suggestions on making a cyberman costume would be awesome too..
unsuspected
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:33 PM
Pintrest is great for those kinds of inspirations! I want to see pictures of your creations. That sounds like so much fun!
desiivy
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:40 PM
That weekday my oldest son dressed up for Halloween last year, he found everything he needed at thrift shops but the hat he ordered that. he still wears the jacket or the bow tie for no reason other them ge likes them.

He added patches to the elbows.
Donna.Dr.Friend
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:52 PM
Any suggestions on how to give it that squishy look?

Quoting Anonymous 1: White felt for the adipose. The others are pretty easy

Quoting Donna.Dr.Friend: So my town is doing a Mars New Years celebration in June. I'm super excited about, mostly cause I sell baked goods at our local farmers market and we will be set up during celebration. I'm looking for ideas for space /sci-fi themed baked good ideas

elfling811
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:53 PM
Fiberfill from the craft store.

Quoting Donna.Dr.Friend: Any suggestions on how to give it that squishy look?

Donna.Dr.Friend
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:56 PM
The celebration is three dayslong, and they have some awesome stuff planned. I can't wait. I'm also quite thrilled with my prospects to turn a nice little profit with my baking :) I have lots of ideas for things to make.

Quoting unsuspected: Pintrest is great for those kinds of inspirations! I want to see pictures of your creations. That sounds like so much fun!
Donna.Dr.Friend
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:58 PM
Awesome - thanks! I've never tried making costumes from scratch before.

Quoting elfling811: Fiberfill from the craft store.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 11:38 PM
Big wads of newspaper or cotton

catcameback1
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Fpund this on google image...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)