Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxiety

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
I get a lot of anxiety and panic attacks now after I have had my son. He's 14 months now and it just makes things a little hectic for me. Any advice or tips on how to naturally prevent them. Or things to do to keep me from having them.
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rubixcubes
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:27 PM
What are you anxious about?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3companytoo
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:28 PM

What brings on your attacks and have you consulted your doctor?

momwriter
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:30 PM
Definitely discuss with your dr. I take meds for anxiety and depression but other things like therapy can help too. Good luck!
kellinoneil
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:31 PM
Just probably the pressure of being a teen mom and since I'm stay at home taking care of the baby while his dad works I just feel like I'm not doing enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 9:32 PM

It's probably PPD, it can manifest as anxiety.  Talk to your doctor, even if you don't want to take medicine, counseling helps.  Yoga and meditation will help you control your overall anxiety level better too.  Did you take lamaze childbirth classes?  Lamaze techniques help to control anxiety during an attack.  First, find a focal point.  Then concentrate on breathing.  Pretend that's the only task you need to focus on, just breathing in a certain way.  Counting your breaths helps too.

kellinoneil
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:33 PM
I was told by my dr I had PPD but I don't like taking the meds for personal thanks for the advice I'll look more into counseling and meditations!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

It's probably PPD, it can manifest as anxiety.  Talk to your doctor, even if you don't want to take medicine, counseling helps.  Yoga and meditation will help you control your overall anxiety level better too.  Did you take lamaze childbirth classes?  Lamaze techniques help to control anxiety during an attack.  First, find a focal point.  Then concentrate on breathing.  Pretend that's the only task you need to focus on, just breathing in a certain way.  Counting your breaths helps too.

3companytoo
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:40 PM

You just need to remember that YOU are enough and are doing the best you can for your family. These times will be gone before you know it. Enjoy your little one, the messes he makes, and the little dramas of everyday life. These are your memories to create. I hope you can relax a bit.

Quoting kellinoneil: Just probably the pressure of being a teen mom and since I'm stay at home taking care of the baby while his dad works I just feel like I'm not doing enough.

nicetry11
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:48 PM
Well, when you have a panic attack you need to stop and tell yourself that you are OK. You are not in danger. Everything is fine. Repeat. Over and over. I would very seriously consider medication for a short time while seeking behavior modification counceling.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)