Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

truth about love

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
I'm curious for those who have been in a long term relationship lasting over 10 years.

I have been in only 1 serious relationship and we were divorced after 3 years. I'm now in a serious relationship and confused by what everyone calls "bad times." we have soared right through financial problems, rebuilt broken trust, had a fair share of bad fights (non physical) and late night conversations. Those issues didn't seem to fade either of us at all.

However, just lately I have been questioning everything about my entire relationship with very little reasoning behind it. I'm not sure what to think really. I know if I leave, I'll be heartbroken, but at the same time it's likr I have fallen into this strange limbo stage.

Can this be one of those hard times? I have talked to him and he said he could tell I was off. I have been distant, our sex life has fallen off a cliff and I'm just different.

I was,told a long time ago that "as long as 1 person loves the other and 2 people are,fully committed, there is no reason as to why a relationship can't last." thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Sometimes after a long time together you fall into a comfort zone.  You like like roomates who share a common goal.  Life gets busy.  It doesn't mean you don't love eachother.  You are just stuck in a rut and a routine.

When we getr like that, we know its time for a vacation together, no kids,  You just need time to reconnect and recharge.  All marriages go through some kind of down time.

Ask yourself, could you see yourself without this person in your life.  Do you imagine what it would be like to be single and find the thought of it makes you happier than the thought of having this person in your life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)