Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would douching solve this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
After my period I have like a week of brown discharge. Not enough for even a panty liner, But enough to disturb my sex life.

I'm afraid to douche because of all the health warnings and the last time I did I developed a UTI which turned into a kidney infection.

But this is awful! One week of bleeding, one week of yuck, one week of PMS ... I'm left with only a few good days.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 12:53 AM
Talk to your Doctor about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 12:56 AM
I don't have health insurance. My kidney infection cost us over $400.00 with Drs visits and prescriptions.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Talk to your Doctor about it.
PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:58 AM

You seriously questioning douching?

Goodness.

You'll just have to learn to deal with it. I don't really think you can control what needs to be eliminated from your girly bits.

TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:58 AM

Douching is extremely unhealthy.  Your vagina is self-cleaning - adding chemicals into it just messes your body's natural pH.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
No. But you need to see an ob/gyn to rule out any other causes. Could be bacterial and douching can cause pelvic inflammatory disease.

Not sure how it would cause a UTI since douching doesn't go in urethra.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2015 at 1:00 AM
Yup douching will definitely solve your problem. 😒
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 1:02 AM
Well, It's the only thing I did differently. Im not sure it caused anything but it was the only thing different to my routine.

Quoting Anonymous 3: No. But you need to see an ob/gyn to rule out any other causes. Could be bacterial and douching can cause pelvic inflammatory disease.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 1:05 AM
What do you mean I'm seriously questioning douching? Like how can you question something as great as douching? Or how could you be question something as unhealthy as douching?

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Goodness.

You'll just have to learn to deal with it. I don't really think you can control what needs to be eliminated from your girly bits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 1:05 AM
I think it's just left over blood.

Quoting Anonymous 3: No. But you need to see an ob/gyn to rule out any other causes. Could be bacterial and douching can cause pelvic inflammatory disease.

PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:09 AM

After my period I have like a week of brown discharge. Not enough for even a panty liner, But enough to disturb my sex life.

I'm afraid to douche because of all the health warnings and the last time I did I developed a UTI which turned into a kidney infection.

But this is awful! One week of bleeding, one week of yuck, one week of PMS ... I'm left with only a few good days.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What do you mean I'm seriously questioning douching? Like how can you question something as great as douching? Or how could you be question something as unhealthy as douching?
Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Goodness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)