Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Helicopter circling my neighbourhood...

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:07 AM
  • 20 Replies
Equals no sleep for me. Anyone care to amuse me?
by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:10 AM
Do you live in a bad area?
squeekers
by squeekers on May. 7, 2015 at 2:13 AM

if you had a scanner, I'd say you could listen in to the PD to figure out why it's up there. But I guess it's only our family that does that. DH used to be in law enforcement and we still listen to scanners.

Shauna79
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:13 AM
Not at all. Not sure what's going on. Where you from?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do you live in a bad area?
Shauna79
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:15 AM
My dh would love that...he wants to be a detective someday.

Quoting squeekers:

if you had a scanner, I'd say you could listen in to the PD to figure out why it's up there. But I guess it's only our family that does that. DH used to be in law enforcement and we still listen to scanners.

eadyT
by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:15 AM
I always liked listening to my scanner, I don't have one anymore. Mine was programmed with all police channels, including radio silence.

Quoting squeekers:

pinky_tuscadero
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:16 AM

I have always wanted one of those!!! lol Yeah, I have no life.

My DH says they are outdated and not used anymore. That everything in via the internet. Is that true?

Quoting squeekers:

the_dude
by abides on May. 7, 2015 at 2:16 AM
2 moms liked this
I find the local police scanner channel on the Web, broadcastify I think it's called.

Quoting squeekers:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:18 AM

Quoting the_dude: I find the local police scanner channel on the Web, broadcastify I think it's called.
Quoting squeekers:

Yeah, I was going to say try online too...as long as they don't have it blocked.

Shauna79
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:19 AM
It's gone, yay! Peace out, cm.
squeekers
by squeekers on May. 7, 2015 at 2:20 AM

I don't know, or need to know, your state, so here: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/  have fun

Quoting Shauna79: My dh would love that...he wants to be a detective someday.
Quoting squeekers:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)