Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Galaxy Edge 6 cheats...have any?

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:09 AM
  • 6 Replies

I just upgraded from an iPhone 4s (when I buy a phone I tend to keep it until it is practically dead) to a Galaxy 6 edge and I like it, but since I have had the iPhone for so long I am a little lost as far as the cheats and the cool things it can do that aren't widely known.

So, anyone have any hints to make my phone really easy and cool to use?

I have found the trick where you can have it locked all the time but when it is at a certain place, like your house, it is unlocked based on GPS.  I really like that as I hated to have to type in my pin everytime  I used my phone in my home.

And how do you use the edge parts?  I thought you could do cool stuff on the sides.  The only kinda cool thing I found is a clock on the edge at night when it is off.

So ladies, helps, hints, cheats, comments?

by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:33 AM

Anyone?  Am I gonna have to wait until morning?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:54 AM
I just got that phone a week ago. I'm still learning all the cool tricks on it, but so far I love it! ! !

Drippler is an app that has Android tips.

You can take a screenshot by dragging the side of your hand across the screen.

Just Google it, there are tons of websites and videos with tips and tricks.

Have you gotten a case for yours? I'm having a hard time finding one I really like.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 3:48 AM
You downgraded, not upgraded. I don't have a crappy Android
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this
That is a cool phone. I was looking at it since my upgrade is next month.
Currently have the note 2. So I will bump for more tips for ya!
readyforhim
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this

My so controls the tv with his phone and lowers the volume on the music when we go to restaurants,that is fun... and is able to do a lot of stuff. You will enjoy the phone.

ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:08 AM
There is a dearth of cases since it is new but I got one from Amazon by Verus. It is one that has bumpers on it to help when, not if, I drop it! The only issue is that it didn't come with a screen protector so I had to buy it separately. All in all it cost like 25 bucks which isn't bad. Otterbox type protection that is a lot slimmer.

I got it in a muted green which is a pretty color. I would have preferred a pretty case with a design but those are still few and far between and not with extra drop protection. I have to have that drop protection as I drop my phone fairly frequently. Check amazon, they have the best selection I have found. If you need a link let me know.

I'll check out Drippler.

I do like the phone so far, it is just an adjustment from the iPhone.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I just got that phone a week ago. I'm still learning all the cool tricks on it, but so far I love it! ! !

Drippler is an app that has Android tips.

You can take a screenshot by dragging the side of your hand across the screen.

Just Google it, there are tons of websites and videos with tips and tricks.

Have you gotten a case for yours? I'm having a hard time finding one I really like.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)