Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your 4-8 yr old(s) have their own laptop?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
My boys do. You would think they'd always be on it but they rarely get on. Maybe once every 2-3 mths. They'd rather play with their toys or with each other.

Do your kids?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:55 AM
No, she's four, but she's not ready for that yet. Maybe when she's a preteen or teen.
Cassie2115
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:59 AM
We have a 4 & 6 year old. I found a sony vaio for $60 on a garage sale site and had it cleaned up for the kids to play the educational games I've found online. They only play it when I let them and it will be useful when I start homeschooling this fall. Honestly they only got it because I don't like them playing on my MacBook pro. And I think my hubby uses it more than the kids lol.
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:59 AM
No. But my four year old has an iPad. She would be on that or watching her tv at all times if I let her. But I don't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 4:01 AM
No but she can use mine any time she wants. she prefers her cell phone or our family tablet. we also found her ipod tonight packed in a box from our move. occasionally she'll ask for the laptop to play games but usually that's when I'm already using it lol
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:03 AM
My 7,10, and 15 year old sons have laptops and iPads. My daughter will be 4 in September, I'll be getting her a Nabi 2 or an iPad mini not sure which yet.
Calm-mama22
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:03 AM
No but they both have tablets. I use them for educational purposes. They are 3 and 5
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 4:05 AM

My 7 yr old is pretty much the only one who uses the desk top computer.  My 11 yr old is pretty much the only one who uses our newer laptop.  So they're not really their own computers but they might as well be.  My kids play on them too much.  They're on there almost every day for about an hour.

acrogodess
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:06 AM
No. At 6-8 they had a Nintendo DS and an iPod shuffle they would share lol.

They just got tablets recently : dd at 11 and ds at 14. They share a laptop, but we homeschool. They use it for fun and for schoolwork.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msb64
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:06 AM

My DS is 12 but he has had his own laptop since he was 6.  He is homeschooled and uses the laptop for many of his school work.  He is also SNs and uses his laptop for Skype OT and ST sessions (we live overseas and his therapists are in the US).  There are no games, other than some typing games and memory games, on his laptop but he has an iPad on which he plays games fairly regularly. 

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:07 AM
Not a laptop but my 7 and 5 yo have kindles. They get used almost daily.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)