Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They're fighting over me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

I'm going to work for the company that my mom works for at the end of the summer.  

She let her boss (the owner) know that I would be working there soon.  He got all happy and said that he wanted to train me in a specific area of the company.  She told him that she was hiring me for her and that she would be training me in another area.  He said "we'll see"  LOL

My mom has been at this company for thirty years.  She was there before this owner was.  It was his mother's company and my mom worked for his mom and is in charge of all the hiring, firing and training as well as a ton of other responsibilities. He bought out his mother's share and is now the only owner.  They have a professional relationship, but it's a very small, family oriented company and the two of them fight like an old married couple LOL.  

I think it's so funny that they are "fighting" over where I'll be in the company.  I don't care where I end up, I'm just glad to be working with adults again.  I've been in childcare forever and I'm just about done with it.  Whatever I end up doing, I'm just happy that I'll have a good job to support my family and I'll be able to have adult conversations during the day :)

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)