Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to kill a tomato plant

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:57 AM
  • 29 Replies

So, I've already made a post or two about my neighbor and her annoying dog who takes up the whole back yard.  I live in a duplex and both our back doors open up to the backyard.  When I moved in here last November, she didn't have a dog.  I specifically asked the landlord for use of the yard as I have two dogs and a 1 year old, and I asked to plant a garden.  He said yes.

everything was great for about a month.  Then my neighbor got a dog.  The dog is left outside in the yard all day, alone.  It barks incessantly, and it attacks me, my baby, and my dogs if we ever dare go in the yard.  I now walk my dogs, and let my baby play in the small driveway area, where the dog still barks at us through the fence.

i asked the landlordifwe could build a fence in the middle of the the backyard.  He said no.  I asked to get a sub letter.  He said no.  I asked if he could make my neighbor keep her dog in the house.  He said he would "take care of the problem" but that my neighbor was "a challenge."  So far nothing has been done, and I was unable to plant my garden.

but here is the kicker.  The duplex has a very small front yard area right in front of my neighbor's door (we have the driveway in front of our front door).  The neighbor has some flowers, bird feeders, and chairs out there, but just recently I noticed she planted some tomatoes.  I wanted to plant tomatoes.  Every time I walk by them I seethe.  I would never kill them, but I have contemplated it.

by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:00 AM
I would file a vicious dog complaint with animal control.
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have killed them, but I'm a horrible person.

Donna.Dr.Friend
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:06 AM
Eh, I'd totally kill them...or steal them when they're ripe...
gmavacs
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:08 AM

The dog is not exactly vicious, just enthusiastic and relentless, jumping and nipping and wanting to play.  Either way, he could really hurt my baby or dogs

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: I would file a vicious dog complaint with animal control.

gmavacs
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol, I'm hoping the squirells get them

Quoting Donna.Dr.Friend: Eh, I'd totally kill them...or steal them when they're ripe...

ShellLea
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:13 AM
I would chain the dog up every time I wanted to use the yard and I would train my dogs to piss in her front yard garden. I hate asshole neighbors.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:38 AM
I would put the dog on a chain when you wanted to use your yard or a kennel. If he continues to bark file a noise complaint.

Then I would move asap.

Quoting gmavacs:

The dog is not exactly vicious, just enthusiastic and relentless, jumping and nipping and wanting to play.  Either way, he could really hurt my baby or dogs

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: I would file a vicious dog complaint with animal control.

shadowcat76
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha ! I was thinking this! I would totally steal them !

Quoting Donna.Dr.Friend: Eh, I'd totally kill them...or steal them when they're ripe...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 11:42 AM

Are you looking for advice?  Dump a canister of salt on them just before a rain storm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
You can borrow my cat the little fucker has killed all my plants
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)