Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hands free laws are ridiculous, unless

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

they ban other, most of the time, more dangerous activities.  Such as eating, putting on make up, reading directions, smoking, and even changing the music on the radio or ipod.  And what about people who watch DVDs in their vehicles?  I've seen that countless times, I've even seen people with their phones on their dashes, watching shows while driving. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theResidentCat
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:40 AM

people need to use their damn common sense.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 8:40 AM
Distracted driving is unsafe driving..period.
Changing the radio station and smoking are not a distraction in my world. How about banning conversion with the passenger too?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I forgot to add that all children should be tied down and have their mouths duct taped...kids are a huge distraction!!
jd83
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Well, I'd agree those other activities are also incredibly stupid while driving. Doesn't make me change my mind about hands free laws, though. I think they are a good thing, considering the number of people who think being on their phone, texting and what not is necessary while they are driving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 8:44 AM

That reminds me of the other day when DH and I were in the truck and the car behind us had a couple and the woman driving kept turning her head while talking to the man, resulting in her having to slam on her breaks at every light to avoid rear ending us. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Distracted driving is unsafe driving..period. Changing the radio station and smoking are not a distraction in my world. How about banning conversion with the passenger too?

Kmary
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:44 AM

I've had this thought too, but I think we need to be careful with what we wish for and figuring out where that fine line is.  I don't know about you, but it takes me MUCH less time and attention to change the radio station than it does to text.  So I'm comfortable changing the station while driving, but I'm not texting while driving (that's illegal here anyway).  I've never swerved accidentally while switching the radio station, but I admit I have when texting yeas ago before I got my butt in gear and stopped doing that while driving.

wilky5
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:47 AM
I think texting while driving is extremely moronic and dangerous! It's illegal here, but I still see people doing it.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on May. 7, 2015 at 8:53 AM
Oh. And fiddling with the GPS. Should be illegal. I've been on the verge of launching my GPS out of the window while driving more times than I care to admit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 8:53 AM

I text while at lights.  Sometimes I slow down so I can catch the light so I can text.  LOL

Quoting wilky5: I think texting while driving is extremely moronic and dangerous! It's illegal here, but I still see people doing it.

A.Whovian
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:54 AM
So because there's other things that distract you we shouldn't do away with one of those distractions? That's silly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)