Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am beyond upset.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
So I dh and I have been fighting since Sunday about his stupid addiction to this game app on his phone. I thought he was just obsessed with playing it all the timw, and he ignored me and ds...that's why I was mad. Last night, I logged into his Google play account...OMG!!! He has spent $1900 in the past month buying fake money on this game!!!! HOLY SHIT!!! That is a little more than his take home pay for the month. We keep separate finances, so I never saw all the charges going in. I understand, it's his money and what not, but really?!?! I was in the hospital at the beginning of April and had surgery. My medical bills are going to be a couple thousand after my deductible and copays. He said he wouldn't be able to help because he had fallen behind on a couple of bills....so I was like fine, I can pay it. But I never imagined it was because he blew this kind of money on a game! I can't even look at him :((
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 8:48 AM
Sorry. I can relate though. Mine was spending $40 a day, meanwhile we couldn't even buy toilet paper for the house. Is he depressed?
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Seriously?  That's pretty fucked up.

Greyzmama
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:49 AM

phone would go missing...AND since he spent all that money on nonsense we wouldn't have the money to get him a new one. Thats what would happen in this house :) good luck.

svolkov
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow. I dont even know what to say. Thats awful. Obviously yhe game needs to go now. Dont know how i would react if my dh was that irresponsible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 8:52 AM
He snuck this much money on the app, he would sneak a new phone. I tried that approach. It took me leaving. I spent three months in a shelter but it was better than that shit.

Quoting Greyzmama:

phone would go missing...AND since he spent all that money on nonsense we wouldn't have the money to get him a new one. Thats what would happen in this house :) good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Just curious......what game is it?

Sorry that he isn't being responsible to his family, that sucks!

ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:53 AM
He'd quit that shit or he'd be gone.
jabs54
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Once you are married there is no more "his money, my money".  You need to combine your money and pay bills FIRST, then agree on an amount for spending on frivolous things.   If he does not see this you need to take him to counseling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 8:53 AM
I'm worried it's going to come down to me leaving.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He snuck this much money on the app, he would sneak a new phone. I tried that approach. It took me leaving. I spent three months in a shelter but it was better than that shit.

Quoting Greyzmama:

momngram
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:53 AM

What app was it?  Has he done this kind of thing before?

I can't even begin to imagine what my homelife would be if my dh did that.  Good luck to you and I'm sorry he blew that kind of money on a game.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)