Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To Go Or Not To Go.........

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:05 AM
  • 65 Replies
I chose not to take my kids to school today. Their shoes are soaking wet from the flooding yesterday. Wet feet all day long hurt and stink, so they get to stay home and do some deep cleaning. Anyone else keep their kids out today for one reason or another?
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Caidysmom
by MindyM on May. 7, 2015 at 9:07 AM
Nope
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Sometimes I'll keep them home if they're just beyond stressed out and need a mental health day.

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:14 AM
I've done that before too, especially with my oldest that has struggled in years past. Sometimes you just need a breather!

Quoting corticosteroid:

Sometimes I'll keep them home if they're just beyond stressed out and need a mental health day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 9:18 AM
Can't keep them out. Today is SOL test day. As is much of next week. Oh well, countdown has begun, 22 more days of school to summer vacation!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 9:19 AM

They only have one pair of shoes? 

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:24 AM
Right now yes they do. They've both been growing like crazy a and I've only gotten them one pair a piece in their new sizes. Payday is tomorrow and I already had planned to buy them each another pair. Unfortunately, that's tomorrow and they have wet shoes today.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

They only have one pair of shoes? 

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:27 AM
That long? My boys are out in a couple weeks. We did testing about 3 weeks ago, it sucked major monkey balls. Do you guys have plans for summer?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Can't keep them out. Today is SOL test day. As is much of next week. Oh well, countdown has begun, 22 more days of school to summer vacation!
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:28 AM

Nope. Unless he's sick or there is some emergency, he's going to school.

ladyvamp5489
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:29 AM

nope my kids are going to school

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 9:30 AM
Not sure on summer plans. We just relax over the summer.

Quoting krazymom2boyz: That long? My boys are out in a couple weeks. We did testing about 3 weeks ago, it sucked major monkey balls. Do you guys have plans for summer?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Can't keep them out. Today is SOL test day. As is much of next week. Oh well, countdown has begun, 22 more days of school to summer vacation!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)