Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She doesnt want to pick up my son anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
This lady watched Ds for 2 hours after school. She picks him up and stays with him until I get home. That was the agreement. She has a toddler son who she brings along . I pay her good (for my area) for what she does. But now she doesn't want to pick up Ds. She says that they walk home with a group of other kids and she doesn't feel like she is needed for that anymore. School is only 4 blocks away but Ds is 7. Too young to walk home with just a group of friends. Oh and she expects the pay to stay the same too.

Thoughts.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 7, 2015 at 9:17 AM

hell no. I have a 7 year old and he is not old enough to walk home alone. that is for like 5th grade not 1st! Find someone else.

svolkov
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Id let her know you arent comfortable with that. She can either keep picking him up or you can find someone else who will.
katcb1019
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:17 AM
I don't know if I would be happy letting a 7 yr old walk home alone. She should wait until at least the next school year to try and change things. If you have an agreement than she needs to stick to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on May. 7, 2015 at 9:18 AM

I wouldn't think it's her decision on whether or not your son is picked up or he walks, regardless of how she feels about it. You're paying her to pick him up from school, too, along with babysitting him.

If she can't do it, find someone else who will.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

You pay her to do a certain job.  She needs to do it.  It wouldn't matter to me if I was paying someone to walk next door to pick up my kid and take them home.  It is about my expectations...not hers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 9:19 AM
I did let her know. Only 3 more weeks of school. I'm looking for another sitter.

Quoting svolkov: Id let her know you arent comfortable with that. She can either keep picking him up or you can find someone else who will.
nicetry11
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:19 AM
Find a new person. You pay her, you dictate terms of employment.
ZamilyMom
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:21 AM

This! Tell her that picking him up is a non-negotiable part of her job, and if she won't do that you will hire someone else.

Quoting brettsmomma:

hell no. I have a 7 year old and he is not old enough to walk home alone. that is for like 5th grade not 1st! Find someone else.

michal6
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:21 AM

That is what she was hired to do, if she doesn't want to do it them I would find someone else.

jd83
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:21 AM

yeah, I'd let her know she can either continue picking him up as earleir agreed upon, or you'll be replacing her with someone who can do that. He's too young to be walking that far without an adult, IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)