Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm no longer in love with my husband!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
It's a realization that hit me just last night! He is a recovering alcohol, and we are going to counseling, but I feel it is not going to work. I guess I'm not really sure what to do about it.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
godsgirl26
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:54 AM
Find ways to love him, go on date nights. Find and do things that will make you love him again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 9:55 AM
Me too :(
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 7, 2015 at 9:57 AM
Listen to your heart. Good luck.
momma2mms
by Kristin on May. 7, 2015 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Years if dealing with his bull shit made you hard. Try to find the love again. Really try. If that doesn't work then you know it's time to go.
brittyb89
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes the shit that happened during an addiction can't be gotten over. That's something you'll have to decide and if it can't then its best to walk away. Its not healthy for either side
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on May. 7, 2015 at 10:01 AM

So since you had a moment of clarity, you don't love him anymore? Are you sure you ever loved him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 10:05 AM

I thought that too about my husbad (minus the alchol part) and then he had a heart attack and it scared the life out of me.  I realized that I couldn't live without him and we've been closer than ever. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 10:11 AM
Thank you! I need to try, it has only been a couple months of his sobriety, and counseling.

Quoting momma2mms: Years if dealing with his bull shit made you hard. Try to find the love again. Really try. If that doesn't work then you know it's time to go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 10:14 AM
I do believe I did live him in the beginning. He has only been sober the first year or so of our marriage. Plus these last couple months.

Quoting JalynSpoon:

So since you had a moment of clarity, you don't love him anymore? Are you sure you ever loved him?

witzandglitz
by Queen Lollipop on May. 7, 2015 at 10:16 AM
He is in recovery and not in active addiction. That is a good thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)