Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wwyd? cheating related.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
I checked dhs Facebook this morning and found out he tried to look up his exgf. She sent him a friend request a few months ago and I blocked her from his Facebook.

Now back story. We've been together since high school, broke up for over a year after we graduated, then got back together. In high school he cheated a lot with this girl, eventually I got pissed because she was tormenting me at school, her mom tried to run us off the road driving home from school one day, etc and I ended up beating her up. Well, neither one of us has heard from her in years (that I know of).

I wouldn't be so concerned but almost four years ago dh had an emotional affair with someone else (I think he actually had sex with someone, too but I have no proof). We just celebrated our seventh anniversary. And he had a vasectomy a couple weeks ago.

I'm debating asking him about it, or just watching and waiting to see if he tries to find her again. I think I'll try to check his phone while he's sleeping tonight too.

How would you handle this?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Why are you even in this situation? Why should you have to keep tabs and fight to keep your man yours?

This isn't a healthy relationship so I can't offer any advice to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 7, 2015 at 10:41 AM
4 moms liked this
He's already a liar and cheater, therefore there will be no benefit in asking him. Observe for yourself and be quiet for now. Although I don't even know why you're still with him. He was like that then and is still like that now. Pretty good indicator that he will not change.
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Hmmm...just ask him instead of sitting around seeing what he'll do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 7, 2015 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

You have no trust in your relationship and you're controlling, everything about what's going on right now is unhealthy. He's a cheater, period. YOU shouldn't have to delete or block people from his fb, HE should just do it on his own. He should also be able to keep it in his pants and not seek out other women for attention. Unfortunately he's not a good man, that would be why you're dealing with these issues right now. Do you REALLY want this to be the rest of your life? You want to snoop, worry, control, and get cheated on for the rest of your days? Let this one go, he's not healthy for you. In fact I'd get some counseling so that you can find out how a healthy marriage/relationship is supposed to work.

morgiefae
by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:42 AM

yup

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why are you even in this situation? Why should you have to keep tabs and fight to keep your man yours? This isn't a healthy relationship so I can't offer any advice to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 7, 2015 at 10:42 AM

geez.  Why are you checking your husband's FB and phone?  If you can't trust the man, then perhaps you should get rid of him.

astheworldspins
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:43 AM
2 moms liked this
And you're still with him why?? It's not like it was a one time thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Do yourself a favor and get out of the marriage while you're still young enough to create a new life for yourself and your kids.  Don't stick around for over 25 years of on again, off again like I did.  Cheaters cheat, whether it be once in a while or all the time.  They are like addicts, can't help themselves and it's a rush for them to cheat.  It's been 28 years of this bullshit for me.  Money is the only thing keeping me here, and because he lavishes it on me and the kids, but rather because he makes sure I don't have any to get out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM
I will never understand insecure women, especially ones that treat their spouses like children. You blocked someone from HIS account? Pathetic. If he's going to cheat, being up his ass and controlling him will not prevent it.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:45 AM
I wouldnt be with someone I had to after.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)