Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teachers- question

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:06 AM
  • 9 Replies
What do i get for my son's teacher? What about the teacher's aides? End of the year gift wise.
by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 7, 2015 at 11:09 AM

a heartfelt note thanking them for their part in your child's education and future, an Amazon giftcard for them to purchase whatever they need for the classroom or themselves, and/or a lovely personalized coffee mug.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:11 AM

A thank-you note or letter is awesome. We save every single one of those and reread them on our bad days :)

MrsWilk32
by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:14 AM
Our teachers sent home letters with what they'd like to have for the classroom as well as restaurants they like, what hobbies they enjoy. I'm picking up a couple of gift cards to their favorite restaurants today and some of the classroom supplies they need.
theTosh.O
by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:53 AM

That would piss me off.

Quoting MrsWilk32: Our teachers sent home letters with what they'd like to have for the classroom as well as restaurants they like, what hobbies they enjoy. I'm picking up a couple of gift cards to their favorite restaurants today and some of the classroom supplies they need.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:07 PM
I love homemade gifts. I have a sweatshirt that says worlds greatest teacher and has the student and his sister's handprints. I have homemade ornaments, painted flower pots, ect that I just love. Gift cards are also nice as well.
MrsWilk32
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I thought it was rather rude as well. I've never seen such a thing. They didn't forget to include the wish list for the other art teacher, p.e. teacher, humanities teacher, etc... I only bought for the home room teachers. Having 3 kids in school doing all the extra buying would add up quickly.

Quoting theTosh.O:

That would piss me off.

Quoting MrsWilk32: Our teachers sent home letters with what they'd like to have for the classroom as well as restaurants they like, what hobbies they enjoy. I'm picking up a couple of gift cards to their favorite restaurants today and some of the classroom supplies they need.

theTosh.O
by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:08 PM
Are we supposed to get gifts for the OB and all nurses involved in helping you give birth?

Quoting MrsWilk32:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I thought it was rather rude as well. I've never seen such a thing. They didn't forget to include the wish list for the other art teacher, p.e. teacher, humanities teacher, etc... I only bought for the home room teachers. Having 3 kids in school doing all the extra buying would add up quickly.

Quoting theTosh.O:

That would piss me off.

MrsWilk32
by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:26 PM
It seems that way!

Quoting theTosh.O: Are we supposed to get gifts for the OB and all nurses involved in helping you give birth?

Quoting MrsWilk32:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Quoting theTosh.O:

That would piss me off.

theTosh.O
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:26 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)