Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My feelings are really hurt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
My mom is getting married. She had her menu set for salmon or chicken. I can not eat fish. Anytime I eat fish I get a horrible migraine. The chicken she is serving has mushrooms in it, I hate mushrooms. Mom knows this. But I figured it's her wedding I'm not going to say anything I'll eat Around the mushrooms and I probably won't have time to be eating much anyway as I'm the matron of honor. Her fiance's daughter is vegan. Because of her eating choices they offered a third option of a vegan stirFry. To my knowledge, her and her husband are the only Vegans invited. Just having a third option is costing them an extra $300. But I thought it was very considerate of my mom to do this for her future step daughter.

The one thing is the appetizers are a fruit and cheese display. I was with my mom when they were going through the menu At the reception place and the list of the fruits that will be on there. I asked my mom if she could please have them not put the pineapple on the fruit and cheese display. All the fruit will be mixed in together and me and two of my children are very allergic to pineapple. We get huge sores in our mouths if we even eat fruit with pineapple juice on it. My mom got annoyed and said whose wedding is this? She said it shouldn't be about what i like. I reminded her that it's not about what I like it's about the fact that me and two grandchildren are allergic. And they children are little. They love fruit and its going to be a pain in the butt trying to explain to them that they can't have the fruit that everyobe else os eatting because it's got pineapple in it. But I did remind her that she is paying $300 have a vegan stir fry option for her future step daughter when that actually is a choice. Me and my kids didn't choose to be allergic to pineapple she chooses to be Be vegan.

My feelings were really hurt but I kind of just let it go. But later on I called her up and I told her that it really did hurt my feelings that she is willing to offer a whole other meal option for her future step daughter because of her eating preferences but she won't simply ask them to not put pineapple in the fruit display me and her grandchildren.

The thing is its not just this one thing. Her future step daughter is an only child and is very very spoiled. I mean she's a grown woman but you can tell she was very spoiled as a child. Shes just kind of used to getting her own way and I think that comes with being the only child to a single father for most of her life. my mom seems to be following suit and bending over backwards to make her happy. But what hurts is the fact that she won't make small concessions for me and my kids. It's like we don't matter. I guess it just seems like she's trying to get her future step daughter to like her which is good but she's giving and doing so much for her that she can't do the simplest things for me anymore.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 11:38 AM
Bump
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on May. 7, 2015 at 11:39 AM
Sorry. I know it doesn't fix the hurt feelings but I would bring a bag of grapes for the kids.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 7, 2015 at 11:41 AM
I'm sorry it hurt your feelings but there's not much you can do.
Amy_M
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:41 AM
4 moms liked this

Oh FFS grow up!   It's just food.

oryxx31
by Captain Cook on May. 7, 2015 at 11:42 AM
I'd just have a Tupperware full of safe fruit for myself and the kids. Not worth the drama.
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:42 AM

Oh god wah, so what.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
that was my initial thought just to keep the peace but the man who Was helping us with the menu said that unfortunately they don't allow any outside food or drink except for of course the wedding cake. He said he would love to make an exception for this because he feels like it really would be worthy of it but it's an insurance thing.

thank you. I am trying to remember that brides even second time brides do go a little crazy with their wedding planning.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Sorry. I know it doesn't fix the hurt feelings but I would bring a bag of grapes for the kids.
allworkallplay
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this
I think you're being kind if petty. You can eat the stir-fry, too, right?

Wedding planning is stressful and it sucks when people, besides the bride & groom, start making demands or complaining.

If you're worried about the fruit being contaminated with pineapple, take a container if cut-up fruit for you and your kids to eliminate the worry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 11:44 AM
it's not just food though. Its showing that she's willing to make a huge concession For a choice her future step daughter makes but isn't willing to make a small one for something me and my kids can't help.

Quoting Amy_M:

Oh FFS grow up!   It's just food.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on May. 7, 2015 at 11:44 AM
Why are you so concerned about the food?

Jeez.

Just eat what you can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)