Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever been tempted to cheat on your partner?

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:48 AM
  • 35 Replies

Have you ever been tempted to cheat on your partner? Why were you tempted to stray, and what ended up happening? What did you learn from the experience? Your quote may be featured in an upcoming CafeMom story, however of course feel free to post anonymously! Thank you in advance.

by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on May. 7, 2015 at 11:50 AM
No way Jose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Yes I have.  I did.  I am not proud of it.  It was towards the end of my marriage.  My husband at the time and I hadn't had sex in over a year.  I would never do it again.  I felt guilty even though my marriage was over.  My marriage ended because he became physically abusive towards me.  We were married 18 years.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on May. 7, 2015 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

My current DH, no way. We have too much respect for one another. 

I did think about it when my exh habitually cheated, but my morals and wedding vows meant something to me, even if his didn't mean anything to him.

dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on May. 7, 2015 at 11:54 AM
Never
momma_sam
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:54 AM
Nope. I got married to my husband because I love him and wanted to be done with dating around. I have several male friends. I get along with some guys better than most girls. Never wanted them to make a move and they are respectful of my marriage.
my3makemehappy
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Nope, not once. 

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:56 AM

<----------------Open marriage

CaptD2
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:57 AM
Nope. I've never found anyone who can hold a candle to my DH.
Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on May. 7, 2015 at 11:59 AM
No.
I was tempted while with an X, though. I knew that he was most likely cheating on me. At the very least, he gave me virtually no positive attention.. Another guy was giving me that attention, and I liked it. He made me feel wanted. When it came down to it, though, I couldn't do it. I am just not a cheater. The guy kissed me, and I said no. Didn't hang out with him again after that.
I eventually left that X. He had been cheating, so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 12:01 PM

For a minute, I did. Soon to be exDH was cheating on me. I had the proof and as much as I would have liked to have gotten back at him, I couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to act that way. It's a horrible feeling to be cheated on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)