Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to tour daycares today!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Yay! Yay! Yay!  I have been a stay at home mom for five years and also a babysitter during the week to suppliment our income.  I'm very much done lol.  I start a new job in a few months and we'll be putting our youngest (18mos) into a center.  She'll be two by then.

I know I'll be bashed by some holier than thou sahm's for putting her in daycare, but it will be so good for her.  I've worked in centers for almost my entire adult life and I know what to look for and what are red flags and what questions to ask.  I've done my research, I've consulted our local CCR and I've spoken to several friends of mine who have their children in centers.  The one we're looking at first is our number one choice, as CCR gave it a five star rating, my best friend brings her daughter there and loves them and they got excellent reviews in all of the research I've done.

My youngest is so attached to me that I think it will be so good for her to have other adults with her for a few hours a day.  My DF is nervous about daycare, but with his disablity there is no way that he can stay home with her all day.  He will pick her up after lunch, bring her home, put her down for her nap and then when she gets up, he'll go and pick up our oldest at school and then come pick me up at work.  

I'm very excited to be out in the 'real world' again, I'll be making a little more money which is always helpful, and I think she'll thrive in a more structured, education-based setting.  

Bash away, I don't care.  :0)

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momngram
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Congratulations on the start of a new life.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 1:00 PM
What's wrong with your SO? Does he work? What will you be doing?
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:00 PM

No bashing. I put DD in daycare when she was 19 months old and I went back to work. It was great for her. She socialized really well and learned things ahead of schedule so transition into school was non-existent. As long as the place you are putting your child in is someplace safe and someplace you are comfortable with, by all means go ahead. 

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:01 PM
Sounds fun and exciting for both of you! :-D
TediLee
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Well good luck I don't do daycare. They suck and I stayed home with my sisters kids so they could work and not put her kids in there. I found my nack with taking care of kids and love it but I have my own kids now but to each their own.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:03 PM

No bashing here. I think you are doing a good thing by realizing and doing something about your DD being so attached to you. Congrats. Good luck. I hope you find something you and your DD will love. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 1:06 PM

He had a seizure a couple years ago and fell.  We're still not sure about the details and how he got so injured but he broke both of his shoulders, shattered his left one so bad that his rotator cuff "disappeared" and broke four vertabrae in his back.  He's had multiple surgeries on his shoulders, the next one is in a few weeks so he'll be in a sling most of the summer.  So far, knock on wood, there haven't been any more seizures and the neurologist thinks it was a one time thing.  

He doesn't work but he makes money doing odd jobs for our landlord at our apartment building and the other two buildings that the landlord owns.  Obviously nothing he's physically unable to do, just fixing electtrical sockets, replacing light bulbs, cleaning the hallways, that kind of stuff.  

I'll be working in a real estate firm, starting off as an admin. assist. but with plans to get my license eventually.   

Quoting Anonymous 2: What's wrong with your SO? Does he work? What will you be doing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 1:08 PM

Thanks!  I think she'll do so well in a center.  

Quoting Seagodess:

No bashing here. I think you are doing a good thing by realizing and doing something about your DD being so attached to you. Congrats. Good luck. I hope you find something you and your DD will love. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 7, 2015 at 1:09 PM

I've done a lot of research.  lol.  She's so smart, I think she'll thrive just like it sounds like your daughter did.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

No bashing. I put DD in daycare when she was 19 months old and I went back to work. It was great for her. She socialized really well and learned things ahead of schedule so transition into school was non-existent. As long as the place you are putting your child in is someplace safe and someplace you are comfortable with, by all means go ahead. 

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Yeah. It got to a point where I couldn't truly keep up with DD and stimulate her and provide her with all the socialization she needed and challenge her. The separation ended up being good because she's a mommy's girl. It allowed for her to foster her independence and my goodness did she learn! She's pre-K now but went into pre-K already knowing how to write her first and last name and all the letters and numbers and shapes and colors. It was comforting to know that the little nudge ahead has really helped her. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I've done a lot of research.  lol.  She's so smart, I think she'll thrive just like it sounds like your daughter did.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)